Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /tmp out of space error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting /tmp out of space error Post 302118130 by h.shergill on Friday 18th of May 2007 10:45:28 PM
Old 05-18-2007
i just tried running the script with -is:log <log file path> and the log below says ....the problem seemd with the version of bundled jre.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temp directory used by shell script launcher = /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istem p1975138214057
Log file created by MultiPlatform installer @Fri May 18 21:40:57 CDT 2007
INSTALLER_PATH=/opt/apps/dctm/softwares/./serverSolSuiteSetup.bin
reading jvm list...
Checking the environment variables specifed in the JVM files to find the JVM...
jvm files not specified in the launcher. Environment Variables cannot be checked .
No JVM can be found using the shell environment variable. Searching JVM will co ntinue with Path Hints specified in the JVM Files...
jvm files not specified. Searching a JVM cannot be performed.
installing bundled JRE...
Extracting bundled JRE...
default blocks allocated by the filesystem=8
checking disk space on the parition /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istemp1975138214 057 for /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istemp1975138214057/sol.bin
60671 512 bytes disk blocks required.
2169808 512 bytes disk blocks available on the partition /tmp/dctm_root/install _1975/istemp1975138214057
Disk space check on the parition /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istemp1975138214057 succeeded.
extracting the file /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istemp1975138214057/sol.bin of S IZE=30756203 at OFFSET=62464
extracting bundled JRE successful.
default blocks allocated by the filesystem=8
checking disk space on the parition /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istemp1975138214 057 for /tmp/dctm_root/install_1975/istemp1975138214057/sol.bin
Bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is corrupt. Testin g bundled JRE failed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Error: file </tmp/srw25108193> does not exist

Hi Everybody I need help from you guys. I'm getting this message on PC where i'm running Unix User using Reflection in order to get graphically format for Oracle Report Server. What is causing this msg and how to solve it? Regards and thanks in advance. Gege *Error: file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
0 Replies

3. AIX

Disk space error.

Dear All, I am working on AIX 5.2, and I have allocated 3072M disk space to /home filesystem. Now system has no free space at /home filesystem. But when I checked data on /home, I have only 900M data. Please if anybody can tell me about this difference and how this can be resolved. Thank You.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
9 Replies

4. Solaris

/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

Can you help. My server sunning solaris 9 on x86 platform pretty much hung for a few hours... I could not use telnet or ssh to the box - it kept refusing connection. A few hours later - I was able to log in again. The server has not rebooted but here are the first errors in the messages log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

5. AIX

i-nodes - out of disk space on /tmp

Usage: We run test build jobs that login to our AIX machines and create many small files in /tmp. After these jobs complete, they delete their temporary files that they have created. Issue: After approximately a week /tmp appears to become full. Issuing the command “df –g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bblondin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space error in aix

While doing cat on a large file (3 GB file) , I am getting the no space error in the shell script hugefile.sh. Eg: for i in `cat hugefile.txt` do echo "$i" done error: hugefile.sh: no space Please let me know your thoughts in handling this no space issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Process holding /tmp space, need to know the process details

Hi , In a server /tmp has almost reached 75% and i can see the File system utilization is 48Mb only , so i believe some process is using the /tmp space. I would like to know which process is using /tmp space. # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello, Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error: -sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create Example: $ ssh host user@host's password: Last login: Fri Dec 4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref |-----------------------------------------------------------------| -sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use space in /tmp to increase root?

Hello All, I have solaris server running, uname -a SunOS host 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 8.7G 1.0G 90% / /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s3 4.3G 7.7M 4.2G ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
17 Replies
asadmin-create-jvm-options(1AS) 				   User Commands				   asadmin-create-jvm-options(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-jvm-options, create-jvm-options - creates the JVM options from the Java configuration or profiler elements SYNOPSIS
create-jvm-options --user admin_user [--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--profiler=false ](jvm_option_name=jvm_option_value)[:jvm_option_name=jvm_option_value]* Creates the JVM options in the Java configuration or Profiler elements of the domain.xml file. You can enter more than one JVM option sepa- rated by a colon (:) . If the JVM option starts with a dash (-) then use two dashes (--) before the operand to distinguish that JVM option is an operand and not an option. JVM options are used to record the settings needed to get a particular profiler going. You must restart the server for the newly created JVM options to take affect. Use the start-domain command to restart the server domain. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --profiler indicates if the JVM options is for the profiler. Profiler must exist for this option to be true. OPERANDS
jvm_option_name=jvm_optithevleft side of the equal sign (=) is the JVM option name. The right side of the equal sign (=) is the jvm_option_value. Additionally, you can use ":" as a delimiter for more than one jvm-option. If the jvm-option contains a ":", use the escape character to offset the ":" delimiter. Example 1: Using create-jvm-options asadmin> create-jvm-options --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 --profiler=false --DDebug=true:"-Xmx256m":" -Dcom.sun.aas.imqBin"="/export/as7se/imq/bin" Command create-jvm-options executed successfully Where the JVM options are created. The double dash (--) is used between --profiler options and the operand because - indicated the end of the options and the following text is the operand. The double dash (--) is necessary here since there are single dashes (i.e., --DDebug) in the operand. To distinguish between the options and the operand, the double dash (--) is used. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-jvm-options(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-jvm-options(1AS)