Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: loading man pages
Operating Systems Solaris loading man pages Post 302118058 by encrypted on Friday 18th of May 2007 03:16:30 AM
Old 05-18-2007
Which OS is the "ericcson" server running?
check by uname -a command.
If Solaris
1. Ensure that SUNWman package is installed.
#pkginfo |grep SUNWman
If it is not installed obtain and add the package
#pkgadd -d SUNWman

2. If package is installed check that the path is correct.

3. Also you may build the windex database by the catman command.

Enc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages for while, for loops..

Hi, How can I see the man pages for while, for, if and other shell script control structures.. I can't say just "man while" at least on hp unix... Do I need to use any special option? Thank you! Vishnu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 man pages

Hi there, Ive just installed Solaris 10 from DVD and when trying to access the man pages, I get this # man ls No manual entry for ls. so I set MANPATH to /usr/share/man where all the man pages seem to be located, and i get the same result !!! Is there something else I have to do, ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages on Solaris 10

Hi, I want to install man pages package from solaris 10. Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
1 Replies

8. Solaris

man pages issue

hi all i have installed veritas storage foundation 5.1 in my sun blade 150 which running with sun solaris 5.10. Veritas commands manual pages are located in /opt/VRTS/man/man1m directory. But if i give "man vxassist" It says "no manual entry for vxassist". How to resolve this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
2 Replies

9. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies
pkginfo(1)							   User Commands							pkginfo(1)

NAME
pkginfo - display software package information SYNOPSIS
pkginfo [-q | -x | -l] [-p | -i] [-r] [-a arch] [-v version] [-c category...] [pkginst...] pkginfo [-d device] [-R root_path] [-q | -x | -l] [-a arch] [-v version] [-c category...] [pkginst...] DESCRIPTION
pkginfo displays information about software packages that are installed on the system (with the first synopsis) or that reside on a par- ticular device or directory (with the second synopsis). Without options, pkginfo lists the primary category, package instance, and the names of all completely installed and partially installed packages. It displays one line for each package selected. OPTIONS
The -p and -i options are meaningless if used in conjunction with the -d option. The options -q, -x, and -l are mutually exclusive. -a arch Specify the architecture of the package as arch. -c category Display packages that match category. Categories are defined with the CATEGORY parameter in the pkginfo(4) file. If more than one category is supplied, the package needs to match only one category in the list. The match is not case specific. -d device Defines a device, device, on which the software resides. device can be an absolute directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk, removable disk, and so forth. The special token spool may be used to indicate the default installa- tion spool directory (/var/spool/pkg). -i Display information for fully installed packages only. -l Specify long format, which includes all available information about the designated package(s). -p Display information for partially installed packages only. -q Do not list any information. Used from a program to check whether or not a package has been installed. -r List the installation base for relocatable packages. -R root_path Defines the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. -v version Specify the version of the package as version. The version is defined with the VERSION parameter in the pkginfo(4) file. All compatible versions can be requested by preceding the version name with a tilde (~). Multiple white spaces are replaced with a single white space during version comparison. -x Designate an extracted listing of package information. The listing contains the package abbreviation, package name, package architecture (if available) and package version (if available). OPERANDS
pkginst A package designation by its instance. An instance can be the package abbreviation or a specific instance (for example, inst.1 or inst.2). All instances of a package can be requested by inst.*. The asterisk character (*) is a special character to some shells and may need to be escaped. In the C-Shell, "*" must be surrounded by single quotes (') or preceded by a backslash (). EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/pkg default installation spool directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgtrans(1), pkgadd(1M), pkgask(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), pkginfo(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkginfo(1)