Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Game: Name this person
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Game: Name this person Post 302118036 by encrypted on Friday 18th of May 2007 01:13:47 AM
Old 05-18-2007
HINT: _______'s cat ??
Ring a bell? Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Another person that needs Internet help

Ok i have a router, which my sparc 5 is connected to. I can acess the router webpage (192.168.0.1). But I cant access the internet. When i use sys-unconfig i enter my ip address fine then i click none for when it asks me for DNS info because I dont have a domain. I was told i can manually change... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Person Added to the Forum

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I am working on my first Bash shell script. We were given an exercise to get ready for the real assignment. I could use some help. The exercise is to "set two variables (i. e., file1 & file2) on the command line to the paths of the text files. We are to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wcarp05
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get a login name of a person who used 'su' and act with different user-name?

I need to realize the user login name after he/she used the 'su' command to log under another name (for specific privileges.) I am on SunOS v5.6, and here by now I could not find a way to figured it out. In another Thread I've get an advise from Linux user to use 'ps afxj' that display a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

how do you call a person who assembles computers?

The title says everything. I'm wondering how we call in English the person who builds a computer. I mean instead of buying a branded computer like dell or toshiba, how do you call the guy who assembles computers from pieces of various suppliers. Thanks for your help Santiago (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies
xsoundsentry(1X)														  xsoundsentry(1X)

NAME
xsoundsentry - Visual bell monitor SYNOPSIS
xsoundsentry [options] OPTIONS
The following list contains general usage options for the xsoundsentry command: Specifies the number of times an action will occur when the terminal or workstation bell sounds. The default value is 1. Specifies the length of time that must pass between bell events. If a bell event occurs within the specified suppress time after a previous bell action, it will be ignored. The default suppress time is 200 mil- liseconds. The following options support indicator modes: Causes a screen refresh, which appears as a flashing of the screen. If you include the -refreshColor option, you can specify a color to be used in the refresh action. If you include the -refreshGeom option, you can specify the portion of the screen to be refreshed. Causes a command to be executed whenever a bell event occurs. Use the -prog option to specify the command you want to be executed. Displays a small sound icon window that flashes whenever a bell event occurs. Use the -fg and -bg options to specify the foreground and background colors for the icon window. DESCRIPTION
The xsoundsentry utility provides visual indications of bell events that occur in the X server. These bell events result from calls to XBell. (See XBell(3X11)). This utility is useful for people with hearing disabilities and well as those who work in noisy environments. RESOURCES
The xsoundsentry command has the following general resources: Specifies the default behavior of the utility. The keyword specifier can be Refresh, Bitmap, or Command. Specifies the length of time that must pass between bell events. If a bell event occurs within the specified suppress time after a previous bell action, it will be ignored. The default suppress time is 200 milliseconds. Specifies the number of times an action will occur when the terminal or workstation bell sounds. The default value is 1. The xsoundsentry command has the following refresh action resources: Specifies the color to be used in the refresh action. Specifies the portion of the screen to be refreshed. Specifies the length of time the refresh window will be displayed. The default value is 50 mil- liseconds. The xsoundsentry command has the following command action resource: Causes the specified command (string) to be executed whenever a bell event occurs. The xsoundsentry command has the following bitmap action resource: Specifies the length of time the refresh window will be displayed. The default value is 50 milliseconds. EXAMPLES
This example causes a red flash on the screen whenever a bell event occurs: xsoundsentry -refresh -refreshColor redo This example causes a box to flash in the center of a 1280x1024 screen: xsoundsentry -refreshGeom 800x800+240_112 This example executes the echo hello command whenever a bell event occurs: xsoundsentry -command -prog 'echo hello' SEE ALSO
XBell(3X11) xsoundsentry(1X)