Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with shell Script file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue with shell Script file Post 302118028 by Ygor on Thursday 17th of May 2007 09:59:20 PM
Old 05-17-2007
You have somehow added a CR character to each line. Fix by using dos2unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a shell script

Hi All, I have an issue in writing the shell script to install a webserver on UNIX system. My shell script look something like this. ------------------------------------------------------------ echo "start of the script" #! /bin/sh cd /home/path echo | setup.hp -is:javaconsole -console... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalm
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with the shell script

hi , this script was devloped by somebody whome I dont know way back # cat run_ucid.sh #!/bin/csh # run_ucid.sh # # This is a simple shell script that will start an application in # the background and restart the application if it stops. Upon # termination an email message is sent and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with shell script: not detecting file properly

The following script is meant to check the presence of a file - called filename0.94.tar.gz - and uncompress it: #!/bin/sh # check presence of file VERSION=0.94 if ; then # file not present: abort echo "Files cannot be found." #exit 1 (commented out this line, so we can see how the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue invoking shell script using cron, even with proper file permission

I am using tcsh what could possibly be a problem, when using crontab to invoke a shell script. ? The script has the read, write and execute permission to all users. And the script works as expected while executing it in stand-alone mode. Is there a way to trace (like log) what error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with following issue using shell script

Hi Folks, I am looking for a script where that should show the progress bar while running a process Ex: while copying a file of size say 2 GB it should start the process as (0 %) and at the end it should show (100%) Thanks in Advance Phani. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanivarma
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script emailing issue

Hi, Im writing a shell script: #!/bin/bash #Send process which has exceeded 25% # echo 'pri pid user nice pcpu command' > /export/home/tjmoore/file2 # if ps -eo pri,pid,user,nice,pcpu,comm | awk '{if($5 >= 25)print $0}' >> /export/home/tjmoore/file2 2>/dev/null # # # then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jay02
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in TC Shell Script

I have a script in TC shell, for some reason its not working. I'm trying to kick off a script if there are any files in a particular directory "/sample/test3" Can anyone point out the issue in the same #!/usr/bin/tcsh while true do if ls /sample/test3 >& /dev/null ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with shell script

I found a post from a user requesting help rounding numbers. The script provided by Scrutinizer works fine most of the time but it errors out when trying to round these numbers: 30224939 50872456 20753012 They have in common, a zero in the second digit from left to right. Can someone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dennis_Ayala
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in shell script

item,quantity,unit price,total tea,1,1,1 coffee,3,4,12 sugar,5,2.5,12.5 tea,2,1,3 coffee,2,4,8 i have got the above file with following questions: need to get the total value: which i got using : a=0 for b in `cut -f4 -d ',' log` do c=`echo $a + $b | bc` a=$c done echo "$a and $c" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script issue

Below is my script. However when i run it, i get the below error ./dummy.sh: line 27: syntax error: unexpected end of file #!/bin/bash while : do read -r INPUT_STRING case $INPUT_STRING in test) echo "Please enter id no : " read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
4 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)