Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Want display a line with space in file by unix script Post 302117984 by Shell_Life on Thursday 17th of May 2007 01:37:40 PM
Old 05-17-2007
Is this what you want:
Code:
while read iLine
do
  echo $iLine
done < input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display a particular line from a file

Hi, What is the command i can use iof i want to display a particular line from a file, i have the line number with me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display free space on a unix server

I need to display the amount space avalible on a unix server in an html webpage, which will automatically update every hour. I am able to do so using a javascript in a windows based server. How would i go about doing this in a unix server. Any help, suggestions, anything would be great. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help On Unix Script Count Line Of File

I have to compare the number of files of two files on a Shell Script: I tryied with wc and wiith sed but I can not make an integer... #!/bin/sh . . n = ls -l | wc -l $file1 `echo "Line: "$n". ">>$LOGFILE` xx = sed -n '$=' $file2 `echo "Line: "$xx". ">>$LOGFILE` Aways... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fafo77
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Space and blank line from file in UNIX shell script

I have below file. I want to remove space at begining of every line and then after also remove blank line from file. I use below code for each operation. sed -e 's/^*//' < check.txt > check1.txt sed '/^\s*$/d' < check1.txt > check2.txt above code not remove all the space... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohin Jain
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file, line by line in UNIX script?

#!/bin/bash file1="yxd" for file in `cat file3.txt`; do cat $file1 | awk '{split($1,dp,"."); lend=length(dp); if(lend>2) { dom=dp"."dp; split($2,ipl,","); for(i=1; i<=length(ipl); i++) { if(ipl~/:/) { if(ipl~/:/) i++; rip=ipl; i++; raq=ipl; rtq=0; si=i+4; for(;i<si;i++) rtq+=ipl; rsub="";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script UNIX to read text file line by line

i have a text file as belows, it includes 2 columns, 1st is the column name, 2nd is the file_name data_file.txt column_name file_name col1 file1 col2 file2 col3 file1 col4 file1 col5 file2 now, i would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tester111
4 Replies
mca2edf(1)						 PyMca X-Ray Fluorescence Toolkit						mca2edf(1)

NAME
mca2edf - Convert SPEC file format files to EDF format SYNOPSIS
mca2edf [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
X-ray maps were stored at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility as a set of images in ESRF Data Format (EDF). The image rows being associated to points of a horizontal sample scan and the image columns to the spectrum channels. This tool allows to convert a set of files wrapped by the PyMca Toolkit as SPEC file format, and therefore without sample position informa- tion, to European Synchrotron Radiation Facility data format (EDF). Its usefulness is nowdays somehow limited because recent PyMca developements allow to reshape nspectra x nchannels datasets in the tools making use of the shape information (pymcaroitool, pymcapostbatch). EXAMPLES
mca2edf Open a dialog to select input files, output directory and the number of spectra on each horizontal row. mca2edf --outdir=/tmp --mcastep=2 *.mca Convert all the .mca files in current directory to a set of EDF files containing two spectra. The output is placed in /tmp mca2edf --outdir=/tmp --mcastep=2 --listfile=input_file Same as before but applied to all the files listed in input_file. Each line of input_file must contain a valid file name. SEE ALSO
pymcaroitool, pymcapostbatch ESRF
March 2012 mca2edf(1)