Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers crontab every 2 minutes, 24 hours and once a week Post 302117944 by Bobafart on Thursday 17th of May 2007 09:55:05 AM
Old 05-17-2007
no it is for a web game (a free one) that I am making for fun

the first one updates every two minutes -- it calculates the number of resources your country makes per hour and updates every 2 minutes (cash, oil, etc)

the second one compiles each countries stats every 24 hours and enters them into a db to be used to plot graphs/statistics, etc

the 3rd is done weekly which will do the actual graphing of stastics for all players after compiling the last 7 days of statistics to calculate the Hall of Famers for the week

it's a geopolitical game -- based on current events.. it has been fun to make.. I just need to get the crontabs working

can you confirm my crontabs are correct please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in day-hours-minutes-seconds format

Hi experts, I am reading two log files and passing dates as output to a txt file. Code is given below: echo "Start Time:" >> Report.txt cat start.log | while read LINE1 do echo $DATE1 >> Report.txt done echo "End Time:" >> Report.txt cat end.log | while read LINE2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Hours and Minutes from file and comparing with current

Hi, Time till when the application should run is indicated in a file. First line is hour and second line is minute. file: 10 55 Means my application should run till 10:55. Now in a shell script, i am trying to make that logic but with no luck. min=`tail -n 1 /file_with_time`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SGD
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job for every five minutes and between hours

Hi I need to run a script every five minutes and it should run between 07-15 hours all days. How i can achieve this... i tried like this */5 07-15 * * * /scripts/CreateFtpData.sh It throws an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Time in hours or minutes only

Hi i want to print the time of a process in hours only..(or) in minutes only.Is there anyway to print the process such like that when i give the commnand like following #ps -eo pid,time PID TIME 412 01:49:32 481 00:03 it shows in HH:MM:SS format: Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split numeric value into hours:minutes:seconds

I have a problem. I am working on a Call Detail Report system. Come to find out the phone switch does not report in seconds. It is a 5 digit field that reports h:mm:ss The problem is I have 1-5 digit numbers Ie 1 = 1 second and should be reported as 0:00:01 22 should be 0:00:22 321 should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: truecall
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

How many hours do you spend at unix.com a week ?

This includes the time you spend reading threads, answering them and all the other activities at unix.com on an average for a week. This poll is about your time with unix.com :b: Poll and if possible just drop a short note about which part of the day you spend the most !!! I hope this is... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
32 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl one liner in bash script not replacing hours and minutes [HH:MM]

Hi I want to replace time stamp in the following line PROCNAME.Merge.exchMon.CODE.T_QSTART 08:45 read assuming the new time stamp is 09:45 ; the line is getting replaced as below :45 read I'm trying to use the perl one liner in bash script perl -pi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie87
4 Replies
leave(1)						      General Commands Manual							  leave(1)

NAME
leave - remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
[hhmm] DESCRIPTION
The command waits until the specified time, then reminds you to leave. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, exits. The time of day is in the form hhmm, where hh is a time in hours (which can range from 0 through 11 or 0 through 24 hours), and mm is the number of minutes after the specified hour. If the value of hh is greater than 11 (24-hour clock time), the specified value is reduced by 12 to a new value in the range of 0 through 11, thus ensuring that the alarm time is always set to activate within the next 12 hours. For example, if hhmm is 1350 and the current time is 4:00 PM (1600), the 1350 value is changed to 150 and the alarm is set for 1:50 AM, nine hours and 50 minutes later. On the other hand, if it is 9:00 AM and hhmm is specified as 2200 (10:00 PM), the value used is converted to 1000 and the alarm is set for one hour later instead of 13 hours as specified. If no argument is provided, prompts with A reply of newline causes to exit; otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a or file. The command ignores interrupts, quits, and terminate signals. To get rid of it you should either log off or use giving its process ID. EXAMPLES
The command sends an alarm (a beep) to your terminal to remind you that you have to leave at 12:04 and reminds you that you are late at one minute intervals after 12:04. WARNINGS
The command checks to see if a user has logged out by checking the file every 100 seconds. If a user logs out and logs back in to the same tty before makes its periodic check, may not know that the user has logged out. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
calendar(1). leave(1)