Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find and rename all folders with name X. Post 302117889 by Unbeliever on Thursday 17th of May 2007 03:55:54 AM
Old 05-17-2007
Probably need to add the "-depth" option to the find command else once a directory is renamed it will invalidate any renames that need to happen within it.

Code:
find . -type d -depth -name $PrevName

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to Find Diff from two folders

Hi I would like to find the diff between two folders: Ex: Folder:1 html.java go.java ten.java Folder:2html.java go.java ten.java you.java Questions comes: Folder:1 contains a files with old version, know the files were modified and updated with the new version in Folder2. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find only folders

is there an option in find command to search only for folders (not subfolders). thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing empty folders using 'find'

Hey there! I try to use 'find' to remove empty directories like this: find . -depth -type d -empty -exec rm -rf {} ';' It works just fine, but there are some directories i want to exclude. So i tried to do sth like this: find . -depth -type d -empty -exec grep -v "not this one please" -exec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deTTo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find empty folders

In current folder, there are many subfolders, subfolder's subfolders... under it. How can I find out the empty folders with no files in it. I only need the top folder list. For example, I have folders like below: a/b/c a/b/x/x.txt a/s a/s/y I need get the folder a/s, but not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find folders that do NOT contain a certain file

I'm no linux guru so any help would be greatly appreciated! I need to output all folders that do not contain a file of a certain extension. Currently I have the following find / ! -name '*.txt' -printf %h\\n This doesn't work because although it finds folders that do not contain *.txt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodnov
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files to indexnumber in multiple folders

I have multiple subfolders with multiple jpg I want the group of files in each subfolder renamed to their index number (3 digits) in the folder, so: folder/a.jpg = folder/001.jpg folder/b.jpg = folder/002.jpg folder/c.jpg = folder/003.jpg folder2/1.jpg = folder2/001.jpg folder2/2.jpg =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmanniche
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename files using (find mv and sed)

In response to a closed thread for degraff63 at https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/108882-using-mv-find-exec.html the following command might do it as some shells spit it without the "exec bash -c " part: Find . -name "*.model" -exec bash -c "mv {} \`echo {} | sed -e 's//_/g'\`"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupert160
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files to folders and rename

Hello! I am new to this. I have many files from b_ap00 to b_ap80, and I need to move them to folder 00 to 80 respectively, where b_ap00 is in folder 00, b_ap01 is in folder 01. On top of this, I need to rename the file once they are inside the folder to b_ot, and subsequently run it (ifort -o... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krustytherusty
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursivly rename folders removing characters as required

HI guys here's hoping some on pout the can help I have a large library of epub and mobi file creates some what by calibre. Output of tree listing below I would like to recursively rename the directories removing the brackets and numbers I have been scratching my head over... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files in specific folders

Hi Team, I am new to the linux commands and I really need help . I would be really thankful if I can get some inputs. I have below folders in the path "/home/temp" 20170428 20170427 20170429 changes tempI need to get the files generated in the last 15 mins in all the above folders... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackJinu
4 Replies
LIBMTP_folder_struct(3) 					      libmtp						   LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)

NAME
libmtp - LIBMTP_folder_struct SYNOPSIS
#include <libmtp.h> Data Fields uint32_t folder_id uint32_t parent_id uint32_t storage_id char * name LIBMTP_folder_t * sibling LIBMTP_folder_t * child Detailed Description MTP Folder structure Examples: delfile.c, folders.c, getfile.c, newfolder.c, sendfile.c, and sendtr.c. Field Documentation LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::child Child folder or NULL if no children Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::folder_id Unique folder ID Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), LIBMTP_new_folder_t(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). char* LIBMTP_folder_struct::name Name of folder Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::parent_id ID of parent folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::sibling Next folder at same level or NULL if no more Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::storage_id ID of storage holding this folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)