Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to rewrite a line in a file Post 302117658 by c0384 on Tuesday 15th of May 2007 10:16:08 PM
Old 05-15-2007
The error that I got when run awk "NR==3 {print "200 3000"; next} 1" unit.dat
is as below.

Syntax Error The source line is 1.
The error context is
NR==3 {print >>> 200 <<<
awk: 0602-502 The statement cannot be correctly parsed. The source line is 1.

is that indicating syntax error?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Rewrite help!

I am trying to write RewriteRule on Apache_1.3.26 to get users web page from another server. for example if users tries to get web page on www.somedomain.com/~usersname it will get the web page from www.testdomain.com/~username without redirect and users will not be aware of any redirect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep help, how do i rewrite this

Thanks , franklin you method worked, i knew i had to use a while loop and getline in there just didnt know the proper order :) Hi everyone, im trying to make the following command line shorter by introducing a script that join up all the grep commands ./new1a < numbers.txt | grep -i -v '^a '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weezybaby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rewrite a existing value in a column inside a file?

I am having 4 field in a file name age date status i want to update or rewrite a value of status with another value how it can be done i used awk & sed but it shows result but not updating in original file help me out... Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavendar
4 Replies

6. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient rewrite of code?

egrep -v "#" ${SERVERS} | while read shosts do grep -Pi "|" ${LOGFILE} | egrep "${snhosts}" | egrep "NOTIFICATION:" | awk -F";" '{print $3}' | sort -n | uniq | while read CEXIST do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Rewrite Ruleset

Hi all, I like to write a rule which do the following: INPUT ADDRESS REWRITTEN TO ----------------------------- ----------------------------- foo.bar@sub.domain.com bar@domain.com foo@othersub.domain.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

9. Linux

Rewrite proxypass

Hi, I have a Apache 2.0 web server. When a users comes in to sitea.com a check is applied if the path ends with *t*, the user hits a rewrite rule that adds an environment variable called x is hit with a proxypass. This has worked successfully in the past, but recently I added another rewrite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
0 Replies
GSL-RANDIST(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GSL-RANDIST(1)

NAME
gsl-randist - generate random samples from various distributions SYNOPSYS
gsl-randist seed n DIST param1 param2 [..] DESCRIPTION
gsl-randist is a demonstration program for the GNU Scientific Library. It generates n random samples from the distribution DIST using the distribution parameters param1, param2, ... EXAMPLE
Here is an example. We generate 10000 random samples from a Cauchy distribution with a width of 30 and histogram them over the range -100 to 100, using 200 bins. gsl-randist 0 10000 cauchy 30 | gsl-histogram -100 100 200 > histogram.dat A plot of the resulting histogram will show the familiar shape of the Cauchy distribution with fluctuations caused by the finite sample size. awk '{print $1, $3 ; print $2, $3}' histogram.dat | graph -T X SEE ALSO
gsl(3), gsl-histogram(1). AUTHOR
gsl-randist was written by James Theiler and Brian Gough. Copyright 1996-2000; for copying conditions see the GNU General Public Licence. This manual page was added by the Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>, the Debian GNU/Linux maintainer for GSL. GNU
GSL-RANDIST(1)