Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to rewrite a line in a file Post 302117421 by aigles on Monday 14th of May 2007 09:05:25 AM
Old 05-14-2007
Quote:
I tried both commands suggested by aigles but it doesnt work. I got errors which indicating syntax error if I am not mistaken.
The two commands work fine on my AIX box.
What errors you got ?

To change word 2 on line 2, you can do :
Code:
awk 'NR==2 {$2=50000; print ;next} 1' infile > outfile

Jean-Pierre.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Rewrite help!

I am trying to write RewriteRule on Apache_1.3.26 to get users web page from another server. for example if users tries to get web page on www.somedomain.com/~usersname it will get the web page from www.testdomain.com/~username without redirect and users will not be aware of any redirect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep help, how do i rewrite this

Thanks , franklin you method worked, i knew i had to use a while loop and getline in there just didnt know the proper order :) Hi everyone, im trying to make the following command line shorter by introducing a script that join up all the grep commands ./new1a < numbers.txt | grep -i -v '^a '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weezybaby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rewrite a existing value in a column inside a file?

I am having 4 field in a file name age date status i want to update or rewrite a value of status with another value how it can be done i used awk & sed but it shows result but not updating in original file help me out... Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavendar
4 Replies

6. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient rewrite of code?

egrep -v "#" ${SERVERS} | while read shosts do grep -Pi "|" ${LOGFILE} | egrep "${snhosts}" | egrep "NOTIFICATION:" | awk -F";" '{print $3}' | sort -n | uniq | while read CEXIST do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Rewrite Ruleset

Hi all, I like to write a rule which do the following: INPUT ADDRESS REWRITTEN TO ----------------------------- ----------------------------- foo.bar@sub.domain.com bar@domain.com foo@othersub.domain.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

9. Linux

Rewrite proxypass

Hi, I have a Apache 2.0 web server. When a users comes in to sitea.com a check is applied if the path ends with *t*, the user hits a rewrite rule that adds an environment variable called x is hit with a proxypass. This has worked successfully in the past, but recently I added another rewrite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
0 Replies
PS2EPSI(1)							 Ghostscript Tools							PS2EPSI(1)

NAME
ps2epsi - generate conforming Encapsulated PostScript SYNOPSIS
ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] (Unix) ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epi ] (DOS) DESCRIPTION
ps2epsi uses gs(1) to process a PostScript(tm) file and generate as output a new file which conforms to Adobe's Encapsulated PostScript Interchange (EPSI) format. EPSI is a special form of encapsulated PostScript (EPS) which adds to the beginning of the file in the form of PostScript comments a bitmapped version of the final displayed page. Programs which understand EPSI (usually word processors or DTP pro- grams) can use this bitmap to give a preview version on screen of the PostScript. The displayed quality is often not very good (e.g., low resolution, no colours), but the final printed version uses the real PostScript, and thus has the normal PostScript quality. USAGE
On Unix systems invoke ps2epsi like this: ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] where "infile.ps" is the input file and "outfile.epsi" is the resulting EPSI file. If the output filename is omitted, it is generated from the input filename. When a standard extension (".ps", ".cps", ".eps" or ".epsf") is used, it is replaced with the output extension ".epsi". On DOS systems the command is: ps2epsi infile.ps outfile.epi where "infile.ps" is the original PostScript file, and "outfile.epi" is the name of the output file. LIMITATIONS
Not every PostScript file can be encapsulated successfully, because there are restrictions on what PostScript constructs a correct encapsu- lated file may contain. ps2epsi does a little extra work to try to help encapsulation, and it automatically calculates the bounding box required for all encapsulated PostScript files, so most of the time it does a pretty good job. There are certain to be cases, however, where the encapsulation does not work because of the content of the original PostScript file. COMPATIBILITY
The Framemaker DTP system is one application which understands EPSI files, and ps2epsi has been tested on a number of PostScript diagrams from a variety of sources, using Framemaker 3.0 on a Sun workstation. Framemaker on other platforms should be able to use these files, although I have not been able to test this. FILES
ps2epsi Unix shell script ps2epsi.bat DOS batch file ps2epsi.ps the Ghostscript program which does the work SEE ALSO
gs (1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. However, the content may be obsolete, or inconsistent with ps2epsi.txt. AUTHOR
George Cameron 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2EPSI(1)