Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris List of Hostname under NIS Domain Post 302117269 by reborg on Friday 11th of May 2007 04:26:51 PM
Old 05-11-2007
"member of a domain" is not a NIS concept, so no there is no real way to do this. Memeber of a netgroup is, but that is not the same thing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add linux to NIS (unix) domain

I've set up a NIS domain with unix as master-server, slave server and clients. right now i wish to add linux client to the NIS domain. the linux client has got username and password in it. how do i go about it? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Change hostname, NIS stops

All, I have changed my machine name from A202 to B205. All I modified was /etc/hosts, /etc/nodename, hostname.ce0, /etc/net/<stuff needed to change>. But for some reason now NIS does not work. This is not the NIS server. When I telnet in I get "No directory! Logging in with home=/" when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How To Join NIS Domain to an Ubuntu workstation

Hi guys, i am having a problem :confused:actually i never did this before,so please help me to join nis domain to an ubuntu workstation. As i have configured and running NIS Server on RedHat 4.0 in my network and want to set an ubuntu workstation as client. please tell all steps......looking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My domain name as my IRC hostname?

When I connect to any IRC server, it's usually my ISP IP address/hostname. I own a domain, but I'm not using it for anything (no web hosting service or server). Is it possible for me to use my domain as my IRC hostname instead of my regular ISP hostname? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FQDN into domain name and hostname

I'm working on a rather large script atm (it already takes 9 arguments). As such, I need to obtain both a server name and domain from the FQDN. From this, I want to both populate the hostname of the server, as well as the domain line in the /etc/resolv.conf file. Obviously, this isn't working. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to extract domain and tld from list of urls.

I have done a fair amount of searching the threads, but I have not been able to cobble together a solution to my challenge. What I am trying to do is to line edit a file that will leave behind only the domain and tld of a long list of urls. The list looks something like this: www.google.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamb1
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nLocal sendmail issues when hostname not set in official domain name

Hi, I'm having issues with sendmail when I try to send host to host mail. I've had to change the "my official domain name" line to mycompany.com to get the mails through the external spam filter, when a mail was sent with hostname.mycompany.com it was blocked. I had to change the Dj macro... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcounto
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Configuration:Hostname/Domain Name Doubts

I have a RHEL server where I want to create a mail server so I can send myself alerts whenever X process have problems. Disclaimer: Im a programmer thats been forced to do IT. So I'm trying my best here. The problem: While configuring Postfix it asks for $myhostname which apparently must be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

List domain groups

Hi Need to list all gid for particular domain user. Actually in database getting error like one of the gid that user belongs is invalid. please suggest. thanks Paul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mathew_paul
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to list physical CPU on primary domain?

How to list physical CPU on primary domain? Sparc SPARC T5-4 psrinfo -p 1 in ILOM I see Processors: 4 / 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasj
2 Replies
NETGROUP(5)						       NIS Reference Manual						       NETGROUP(5)

NAME
netgroup - specify network groups DESCRIPTION
The netgroup file defines "netgroups", which are sets of (host, user, domain) tuples, used for permission checking when doing remote mounts,remote logins and remote shells. Each line in the file consists of a netgroup name followed by a by a list of members, where a member is either another netgroup name, or a triple: (host, user, domain) where the host, user, and domain are character strings for the corresponding components. Any of the three fields can be empty, in which case it specifies a "wildcard", or may consist of the string "-" to specify "no valid value". The domain field must either be the local domain name or empty for the netgroup entry to be used. This field does not limit the netgroup or provide security. The domain field refers to the domain in which the triple is valid, not the domain containing the the trusted host. A gateway machine should be listed under all possible hostnames by which it may be recognized: gateway (server, , ) (server-sn, , ) (server-bb, , ) The getnetgrent(3), function should normally be used to access the netgroup database. FILES
/etc/netgroup SEE ALSO
getnetgrent(3), exports(5), makedbm(8), ypserv(8) WARNINGS
The triple (,,domain) allows all users and machines trusted access, and has the same effect as the triple (,,). Use the host and user fields of the triple to restrict the access correctly to a specific set of members. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> NIS Reference Manual 04/06/2006 NETGROUP(5)