Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: returning split fields
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting returning split fields Post 302117247 by mervin2006 on Friday 11th of May 2007 01:21:10 PM
Old 05-11-2007
just a clarification,what if there is no ; at the end of the field value say something like this "AAAA" ,will it still return the value

I could test and try it but i dont have access to an unix box right now

thanks

Mervin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split varibles and store fields into shell varible array

I need to split a long varible which is a whole line read from a file into fields and store them in an array, the fields are delimited by pipe and a field may contain white spaces. I tried the following concept test and it has problem with field 5 which contain a space, appearently so because... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a field into two fields?

Hi, I have a comma delimited text file where character fields (as opposed to numeric and date fields) are always enclosed with double quotes. Records are separated by the newline character. In a shell script I would like to split a particular field into two separate fields (enclosed with double... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbrown
4 Replies

3. Web Development

split the fields in a column into 3 columns

Have a column "address" which is combination of city, region and postal code like. Format is : city<comma><space>region<space>postal code abc, xyz 123456 All these three city, region and postal code are not mandatory. There can be any one of the above. In that case a nell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakshit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split the row(array) in to fields and store in to oracle database in unix

Hi, the csv file with the delimeter #. A#B#C#D#E#F#G#H 1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8 Z#x#c#V 7#2#8#9 N. I want to read the file line by line and store in rowarray. then the rowarray content should be spilt or made to fields using the delimeter #. i am not sure can we store the fields in to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK:Split fields separated by semicolon

Hi all, I have a .vcf file which contains 8 coulmns and the data under each column as shown below, CHROM POS ID REF ALT QUAL FILTER INFO 1 3000012 . A G 126 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split lines without knowing the number of fields a-priori

I want to use awk to split fields and put them into a file but I don't know the number of fields for example, in the following line Ports: 22/filtered/tcp//ssh///, 53/open/tcp//tcpwrapped///, 111/filtered/tcp//rpcbind///, 543/filtered/tcp//klogin///, 544/filtered/tcp//kshell///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a free form text delimited by space to words with other fields

Hi, I need your help for below with shell scripting or perl I/P key, Sentence customer1, I am David customer2, I am Taylor O/P Key, Words Customer1,I Customer1,am Customer1,David Customer2,I Customer2,am Customer2,Taylor (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monishathampi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split fields from a file

Hi All, I have a file where a list of email id's are stored as shown below: emailid1@blh.com emaild2@blh.com asdf@blah.com emailid3@blh.com In my shell script, i am sending emails to above id's My requirement is to seperate the email id's into 2 groups.. emailid1@blh.com... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: galaxy_rocky
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add plus or minus to fields and split another field

In the tab-delimited input below I am trying to use awk to -10 from $2 and +10 to $3. Something like awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' -v s=10 '{split($4,a,":"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,a,$5,$6} | awk {split(a,b,"-"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,b-s,b+s,$5,$6}' input should do that. I also need to -10 from $4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
YAZ_SORT(3)								 1							       YAZ_SORT(3)

yaz_sort - Sets sorting criteria

SYNOPSIS
void yaz_sort (resource $id, string $criteria) DESCRIPTION
This function sets sorting criteria and enables Z39.50 Sort. Call this function beforeyaz_search(3). Using this function alone does not have any effect. When used in conjunction with yaz_search(3), a Z39.50 Sort will be sent after a search response has been received and before any records are retrieved with Z39.50 Present (yaz_present(3). PARAMETERS
o $id - The connection resource returned by yaz_connect(3). o $criteria - A string that takes the form field1 flags1 field2 flags2 where field1 specifies the primary attributes for sort, field2 seconds, etc.. The field specifies either a numerical attribute combinations consisting of type=value pairs separated by comma (e.g. 1=4,2=1) ; or the field may specify a plain string criteria (e.g. title. The flags is a sequence of the following characters which may not be separated by any white space. Sort Flags o a - Sort ascending o d - Sort descending o i - Case insensitive sorting o s - Case sensitive sorting RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sort Criterias To sort on Bib1 attribute title, case insensitive, and ascending you would use the following sort criteria: 1=4 ia If the secondary sorting criteria should be author, case sensitive and ascending you would use: 1=4 ia 1=1003 sa PHP Documentation Group YAZ_SORT(3)