Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disable rsh
Operating Systems AIX disable rsh Post 302117208 by johnf on Friday 11th of May 2007 08:50:35 AM
Old 05-11-2007
If you do not want to totally disable the shell in inetd.conf then delete the .rhosts file in the home directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with rsh

I am trying to run a Perl script using rsh. I need to be able to capture the return code value, so the calling script can handle failures properly. I cannot modify the Perl script I need to run because we use it for all of our servers. Does anyone have a suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kscase
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on rsh

Hi, i need to xecute rsh or rexec command in order to execute the script on multiple server. The problem i am facing is when i execute rsh command with login name and hostname it ask me password interactively can some body help me how i can pass password along with the command or how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep022in
1 Replies

3. Linux

Help in RSH

Hi All, I want to execute a command from my Windows machine to Linux machine. d:> rsh <Linux machine add> -l <user_name> pwd>dir in linux machine users home directory in .rhosts file I entered the windows machine IP address and user name. In linux etc/hosts.equiv file I entered the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. AIX

Rsh

How to configure rsh for different users in aix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

5. Solaris

rsh

How to enable rsh in solaris (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Rsh

Hi, I issue : rsh ****.16.0.151 -l root ls -l /tmp and I receive : connect to address ***.16.0.151: Connection refused Trying krb4 rsh... In hosts file of remote (***.16.0.151) I have : ***.16.0.202 root Can you help me ? Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable rsh on mate side

Hi All, I am facing problem with rsh.I tried to disable rsh on mate(inactive) side through svcadm(by disabling rlogin service). Now if i try to rsh to mate side from active(rsh mate-le0) its now working as expected,but if i try rsh mate-leo hostname or for that matter any command then its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Linux

RSH

Hi All, Whenever we are giving rsh localhost date , it give an error "Permission Denied". RHEL 6 is the version, and we're logging in as "root". in .rhosts file I have mentioned all the details, and enabled rsh,rsync,rexec,rlogin in /etc/xinetd.d/ file Please suggest. Reg, Muzaffar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
7 Replies
rdate(1M)                                                 System Administration Commands                                                 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)