Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error near unexpected token...what caused? Post 302117161 by joshuaduan on Friday 11th of May 2007 05:21:00 AM
Old 05-11-2007
Question syntax error near unexpected token...what caused?

Dear all,

When I tried to run receive.sh,it returned following errors.
syntax error near unexpected token `do

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
GlobalValueReceive=r
GlobalValueWorking=w
GlobalValueTemp=t

$exec 0<Property
while read LineInProperty
do
  if [ ${LineInProperty:0:11} = New_receive ]
  then
     $GlobalValueReceive = ${LineInProperty:25} 
  fi
  if [ ${LineInProperty:0:11} = New_working ]
  then
     $GlobalValueWorking = ${LineInProperty:25}
  fi
  if [ ${LineInProperty:0:8} = New_temp ]
  then
     $GlobalValueTemp = ${LineInProperty:22}
  fi
done

(($#<2)) && { print "2 parameters: \n    p_seq_no\n    p_sys_ind"; exit 1; }

typeset -i pass_check
typeset -i p_seq_id

p_seq_id=$1
p_sys_ind=$2
pass_check=0

# file's count
check_count=`ls -l ${GlobalValueReceive}/${p_sys_ind}.Witness*|grep "^-"|wc -l`

print ${check_count} seq files

for i in $(ls ${GlobalValueReceive}/${p_sys_ind}.Witness*)
do
  seq_id=${i##*Witness.}
  seq_id=${seq_id%%.*}
  mv ${GlobalValueReceive}/${p_sys_ind}.*.${seq_id}.* ${GlobalValueTemp}/dos/
done

for i in $(ls ${GlobalValueTemp}/dos/*)
do
  #dos2ux ${i} > ${GlobalValueTemp}/dos2/${i##${GlobalValueTemp}/dos/}
cat ${i} > ${GlobalValueTemp}/dos2/${i##${GlobalValueTemp}/dos/}
cat ${GlobalValueTemp}/dos2/${i##${GlobalValueTemp}/dos/} | tr -d "
" > ${GlobalValueTemp}/${i##${GlobalValueTemp}/dos/}   
  rm ${i}
done

print files have been moved to temp folder

for i in $(ls ${GlobalValueTemp}/${p_sys_ind}.Witness*)
do
  print begin to check the files with seq_id ${p_seq_id}
  if [ ${p_sys_ind} = 111111 ]
  then
    /home/bodi/bin/ef_validate.sh ${p_seq_id}
  else
    /home/bodi/bin/mp_validate.sh ${p_seq_id}  
  fi

return_code=$?
  if [ ${return_code} = 0 ]
  then
    print file with seq_id ${p_seq_id} passed!
    mv ${GlobalValueTemp}/${p_sys_ind}.*.${p_seq_id}.* $GlobalValueWorking/
    mv $GlobalValueWorking/${p_sys_ind}.Witness.${p_seq_id}.*.txt $GlobalValueWorking/${p_sys_ind}.Witness.${p_seq_id}.txt 
    pass_check=${pass_check}+1
    p_seq_id=${p_seq_id}+1
  else
    print file with seq_id ${p_seq_id} failed!
    for j in $(ls ${GlobalValueTemp}/${p_sys_ind}.*.${p_seq_id}.*)
    do
      mv ${j} ${GlobalValueWorking}/${return_code}.${j##${GlobalValueTemp}/}.rej
    done
    for j in $(ls ${GlobalValueTemp}/${p_sys_ind}.*)
    do
      mv ${j} ${GlobalValueWorking}/1.${j##${GlobalValueTemp}/}.rej
    done
    break
  fi
done

print quit with ${pass_check} passed check  
exit ${pass_check}

Appreciate to any helper.
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `done'

Hi all, Here is a simple script that is working in one server and is giving a syntax error in other server. Can somebody help me ? #!/bin/bash # ftp files done < $file errors: I tried..with no success: if ; then (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
21 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syntax error near unexpected token '{

Hi, I am running the following script through cygwin and getting below mentioned error. ******************************************* #!/bin/sh # constants WORK_DIR="deploy" INFOFILE="deploy.info" INTROFILE="Intro.sh" CMGMT_PKG="com.kintana.cmgmt.deploy" DEPLOY_PREFIX="mitg" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `('

What do I do here? #!/bin/bash payload=-1 AND 1=IF(21,BENCHMARK(5000000,MD5(CHAR(115,113,108,109,97,112))),0)# hash=`echo -n $payload md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg' md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg'` curl --data cs2=chronopay&cs1=$payload&cs3=$hash&transaction_type=rebill... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iiiiiiiiiii
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token '('

I tried to execute the code but I got this error ./Array.c: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token '(' ./Array.c: line 9: ' nvals = get_data(a,MAXARRAY);' and #include<stdio.h> #define MAXARRAY 1000 main() { int a, nvals; nvals =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgradywhite
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `|'

Hi All; I try to write a bash code and I am using command substitution. My code is like: #!/bin/bash IP="10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2" PORT="22 80" USERNAME="admin" SCRIPT_HOST="adminHost" HOME_DIR=/home/admin SCRIPT_DIR=$HOME_DIR/scripts script="sudo /my_remote_script.sh" SSH="/usr/bin/ssh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token

Hi all, I have a simple script that doesn't work somehow. I can't seem to be spotting the cause of the malfunction. count=$((1)) for item in `cat test1.txt` printf %s `sed -n $((count))p test2.txt` > test3.txt count=$((count+1)) do something done I get ; ./why.sh: line 3:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `else'

Hello every one!! I don't know where I am going wrong but I am finding it difficult to clear this error of syntax error near unexpected token `else' I am writing a simple shell script to find a file in a directory and if found execute that else return an error to the log file ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
14 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

I have 2 files like a.txt and b.txt and the content is as below cat a.txt 810750125 117780 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wclt_common.jar 1803152428 13300 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/WFMSSupportTool.jar 2663502779 67049 /BSCSQAT4A/bscsqat4a/lib/jar/wma.jar 687942896 665272... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error near unexpected token

Dears, While executing the below script im getting the error at line 30. Please let me know what changes to be done to fix this. test.sh: line 30: syntax error near unexpected token `done' test.sh: line 30: ` done ' #!/bin/sh # Rev. PA1 # author: eillops # date: 26-04-2018 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

detect_mouse_mvt.sh /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: `fh = file('/dev/input/mice')' #!/bin/bash # # fh = file('/dev/input/mice') while True: fh.read(3) print 'Mouse... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
15 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to `/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/''). FILES
/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ - default directory for restricted programs on SuSE Linux SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)