Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing Sterling Pound Sign
Operating Systems SCO Printing Sterling Pound Sign Post 302117092 by jgt on Thursday 10th of May 2007 03:54:42 PM
Old 05-10-2007
Both of the printing methods you use are sending a closed file to some destination, you should be able to intercept the file, and using 'sed' change the value of the pound sign on the SCO side to whatever the printer likes before finally using ftcopy or lp.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove pound sign from filename

Surpisingly, I've only found information regarding removal of files with special characters in the name. My problem is this: files are downloaded to my Unix box from mainframe, and each one has a pound sign as the first character of the filename. original: #FONT what I need: FONT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Special characters getting replaced by &Pound in Unix Environment

Hi, Please find the Question Summary below- In our email template document(.txt) bullets and Apostrophe are getting replaced by the string "&pound" in our Live environment.We are using sun solaris 8 in live. Can anybody let me know why this happens and how to prevent this . Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik05
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Printing pound sign from Solaris (JETDIRECT)

Hi, Any ideas of the character sequence to print the £ sign from Solaris using network printing over Jetdirect software ? Thanks Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattpar75
1 Replies

5. Programming

Rupee Sign printing using Pro * C (Unix Platform/Oracle10g) code

Hi All, I want to print new Indian Rupees sign in my report which is developed in Pro*C code. Please help me to know: ->What necessary settings i have to do.. I am looking for free product. Please help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msbrd
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pound symbol is not displayed in Linux file

Hi All, I am trying to copy a test from database into a file, basically that is what our application do. We will process all values and store it in a Linux file. When i look the database I am seeing as below spend (£000's) but after processing and stored to a file , i am seeing as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies
lpsched(1M)															       lpsched(1M)

NAME
lpsched, lpshut, lpmove, lpfence - start the LP request scheduler; stop the LP request scheduler; move requests between LP destinations; define the minimum priority for printing SYNOPSIS
requests dest dest1 dest2 printer fence DESCRIPTION
Schedules requests taken by for printing on printers. is typically invoked in This creates a process which runs in the background until is executed. The activity of the process is recorded in recognizes the following options: Write a verbose record of the process on Write logging data on Shuts down the printer scheduler. All printers that are printing at the time is invoked stop printing. Requests that were printing at the time the scheduler was shut down are reprinted in their entirety after is started again. All LP commands perform their functions even when is not running. Moves requests that were queued by between LP destinations. The first form of the command moves the named requests to the LP destination, dest. requests are request IDs as returned by The requests that are currently printing will not be moved. The second form of the command moves all requests for destination dest1, including requests that are currently printing, to destination dest2. As a side effect, dest1 rejects all subsequent requests. Note that never checks the acceptance status (see accept(1M)) for the new destination when moving requests. Defines the minimum required priority for the spooled file to be printed. fence must be in between 0 (lowest fence) and 7 (highest fence). Each printer has its own fence, which is initialized to 0 when it is configured by the command. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the format and contents of date and time strings. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, the commands behave as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). EXAMPLES
Move requests and from destination queues and to the destination queue if the requests are not currently printing. Move all requests from the destination queue laserjet1 to the destination queue laserjet2. This will also cause laserjet1 to reject all subsequent print requests to it. All currently printing requests from laserjet1 will be reprinted on laserjet2. Suppose is a member of classes and Running this command will cause only print requests of priority 5 and above from queues and to be printed on printer Print requests of priority 4 and below will not be picked by the scheduler for printing on WARNINGS
and perform their operation on the local system only. FILES
SEE ALSO
cancel(1), enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), accept(1M), lpadmin(1M), lpana(1M), rcancel(1M), rlp(1M), rlpdaemon(1M), rlpstat(1M). lpsched(1M)