Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extracting only file size of the ls -ltr command. Post 302117071 by kingofprussia on Thursday 10th of May 2007 11:22:26 AM
Old 05-10-2007
I had earlier used

du -sk Filename.txt

The output was ===>

3 Filename.txt

I have to only output 3 not the filename.

Thanks
KOP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does the ls -ltr command list

Hi, THe following is the output when i run the command ls -ltr can anyone explain the meaning of the field in red -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027SASI.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027RITD.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjita.c
2 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Programming

Help in extracting data with command from file in C

Hi, I have a file which stores the following array :- 1,2,3,4,5.........16,17,18,19,20 This file has few hundreds of inputs of these lines. I would like to read this file one line at a time; and assign to an array which is separated by ",". I tried to do fgets command however,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr command On Remote server

I am writing a script where in i have to log into a remote machine and check for necessary file by typing (ls -ltr *200505) (this gets all 05month of 2008 yr files) and if files are found get them to the local machine. If not found print a message saying no files on local machine. When i was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Year in ls -ltr command

Hi, When retrieving parameters of a file using ls command i need to print the year part . When i do ls -ltr the following output is displayed -rwxrwxrwx 1 d_infd d_infd 1711 Jan 8 2004 wf1.class. Here the year part is not displayed only Jan 8 is displayed. Can any one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragugct
9 Replies

6. Solaris

using ls -ltr : display only last four file names

Hi , Server details – Machine hardware: sun4u OS version: 5.9 Processor type: sparc Hardware: SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 When I put ls –ltr command I get – /users/testuser> ls -ltr -rw-rw-r-- 1 testuser dba 76 Jan 13 2009 ftp.scr -rwxr-xr-x 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -ltr a list of filenames-with-spaces within a text file

OS: RHEL 5.8 shell: bash 3.2.25 Directory /home/guest/ contains these files: file a file b file c fileD fileE fileF testFile.txt I'm trying to find the syntax to run ls -ltr against this list of files that is contained within a text file, testFile.txt. The file testFile.txt has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uschaafm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two commands “ls -h” and “ls -ltr”. How do i make sure “ls -ltr” is run after “ls -h” is suc

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generic script to load file details(ls -ltr) in to a database.

All, I am trying to create a report on the duration of an ETL load from the file arrival to the final dump in to a database for SLA's. Does anyone have any guidance or ideas on how metadata can be extracted; information of a file: like file name, created timestamp, count of records and load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)