Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can i do XML parsing usind sed Post 302117026 by anbu23 on Thursday 10th of May 2007 05:13:12 AM
Old 05-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_mca
<guest>
<guest1> a1 </guest1>
<guest2> a2 </guest2>
</guest>
<guest>
<guest1> a3 </guest1>
<guest2> a4 </guest2>
</guest>

can u please give an example to parse the example ... Either by SED or by unix script.

Thanks in advance,
Arun ..
Code:
$ awk -v tag="</guest>" ' />.*</ { gsub("<[^>]*>","") ; str = str ? str " " $0 : $0 }
>      $0 ~ tag { print str; str="" } ' file
 a1   a2
 a3   a4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing xml file using Sed

Hi All, I have this(.xml) file as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance name='ins_C2Londondev' user='' group='' fullname='B2%20-%20London%20(dev)' > <property> </property> </instance> I want output as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilkinha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml with awk/sed

Hi people!, I need extract from the file (test-file.txt) the values between <context> and </context> tag's , the total are 7 lines,but i can only get 5 or 2 lines!!:confused: Please look my code: #awk '/context/{flag=1} /\/context/{flag=0} !/context/{ if (flag==1) p rint $0; }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricgamch
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing portion of the output usind sed/awk

friends, i am a newbie in scripting. could someone help me in selecting only the last column of below ps command output ? mqm 14 16466 0 Sep 15 ? 0:01 /opt/mqm/bin/runmqlsr -r -m QMGR.INBOUNDSSL -t TCP -p 1415 -i 5.1.26.5 mqm 12 16700 0 Sep 15 ? 0:00... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unahb1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing xml file (sed/nawk)

I have a large xml file as shown below: <input> <blah> <blah> <atr="blah blah value = ""> <blah> <blah> </input> ..2nd chunk... ..3rd chunk... ...4th chunk... All lines between <input> and </input> is one 'order' and this 'order' is repeated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

Learned People, Hello ! Till today, for the most part, all of the tricky questions/situations that I encountered were already posted by other folks and all I had to do was peruse through these one at a time and I could find some sort of an answer and all I had to do was add some minor tweaks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have an xml file where the format looks like below <SESSIONCOMPONENT REFOBJECTNAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Pre-session command"> <TASK DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Command" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
8 Replies
curs_addstr(3X) 														   curs_addstr(3X)

NAME
addstr, addnstr, waddstr, waddnstr, mvaddstr, mvaddnstr, mvwaddstr, mvwaddnstr - add a string of characters to a curses window and advance cursor SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int addstr(const char *str); int addnstr(const char *str, int n); int waddstr(WINDOW *win, const char *str); int waddnstr(WINDOW *win, const char *str, int n); int mvaddstr(int y, int x, const char *str); int mvaddnstr(int y, int x, const char *str, int n); int mvwaddstr(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, const char *str); int mvwaddnstr(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, const char *str, int n); DESCRIPTION
These routines write the characters of the (null-terminated) character string str on the given window. It is similar to calling waddch once for each character in the string. The four routines with n as the last argument write at most n characters. If n is -1, then the entire string will be added. RETURN VALUE
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and OK on success (the SVr4 manuals specify only "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. NOTES
Note that all of these routines except waddstr and waddnstr may be macros. PORTABILITY
All these entry points are described in the XSI Curses standard, Issue 4. The XSI errors EILSEQ and EOVERFLOW, associated with extended- level conformance, are not yet detected. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_addch(3X). curs_addstr(3X)