Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting needed very good link for Shell script Post 302117003 by blowtorch on Thursday 10th of May 2007 01:50:47 AM
Old 05-10-2007
Please search the site before asking any generic questions. This link should provide you with whatever you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Shell Script

Hi I have the following columns in my input file which is sorted on ColA colA colB colC colD colE The data is such that for a single colA it can have multiple values of other columns, for eg the data can be colA colB colC ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script -- symbolic link

Hi , pwd -P will give the physical directory name for symbolic names. is there any command to get the value of symbolic link ? if it's symbolic link , I have to get the physical directory name? any ideas to code in shell ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute a shell script from an html link?

I want to execute a shell script when clicking on an html link. I want the output of the script to be shown on the webpage. Whats the best way to achieve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell script

Hi all, I need to modify the below highlighted piece to perform the below task. Please let me know as i am not able to figure out a way to do this. || FILENAME=$(date +"$FILENAME") if ; then do_log FATAL "FILENAME needs to be set if SWITCH2=0" exit 1 fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove the target of the symbol link in a shell script

I have a target directory, there are some files and directories in "target_dir". I have a symbol link: my_link -> <target_dir> The target directory name is NOT known to the script (because it is varying), while the link name is always fixed. In a shell script, how to remove both the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script runs good manually but not through Cron tab

Hello Every one, I have a shell script which is running fine manually, but its giving me hard time when running tru cron job. :wall:. Am using #!/usr/bin/ksh >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh Cron Job is as below, it execues but dosent do what i want it to do. 47 15 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren.chowdhary
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk good link

Guys, I am always struggling with awk and sed commands in UNIX,especially while writing shell script. Can you please suggest some good websites? Cheers, Aravind (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to add root element and remove to make it good

Hi All, I have a situation to parse a file with following limitations: 2) The XML is not proper as it has no fix root tag rather have multiple XML in a single XML. or you can say multiple root elements. This file will be huge in size. So before i think of some good solution to parse it, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peekuabc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Open a webbrowser link from shell script

Hi All I have a task which is manually submitted from a web browser link, by entering a value. This has an xml code as well. I am looking for options to automate the above to avoid manual intervention/dependency. Is there a way I can achieve this using shell script? Either open the link by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
3 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::Image - Image object for WWW::Mechanize SYNOPSIS
Image object to encapsulate all the stuff that Mech needs Constructor new() Creates and returns a new "WWW::Mechanize::Image" object. my $image = WWW::Mechanize::Image->new( { url => $url, base => $base, tag => $tag, name => $name, # From the INPUT tag height => $height, # optional width => $width, # optional alt => $alt, # optional } ); Accessors $link->url() URL from the link $link->base() Base URL to which the links are relative. $link->name() Name for the field from the NAME attribute, if any. $link->tag() Tag name (either "image" or "input") $link->height() Image height $link->width() Image width $link->alt() ALT attribute from the source tag, if any. $link->URI() Returns the URL as a URI::URL object. $link->url_abs() Returns the URL as an absolute URL string. SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize and WWW::Mechanize::Link COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2004-2010 Andy Lester. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: o the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or o the Artistic License version 2.0. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)