Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Surrounding a chunk of code by #ifdef and #endif Post 302116881 by anbu23 on Wednesday 9th of May 2007 06:57:34 AM
Old 05-09-2007
Code:
perl -i -ne ' if ( /^MyFunc\(.*\);$/ ) { print "#ifdef JUST_DONT\n$_#endif\n" ; } else { print; } ' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can you show lines surrounding a search string?

I would like to be able to grep (or some such thing) a search argument and then display the line plus the preceding 3 lines of the file and the following 3 lines of the file. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robster
3 Replies

2. Linux

how to enable #ifdef macro in the command line of make?

Linux, C++, make, macro In source code, we used some #ifdef macros. How can I enable #ifdef macro in the command line of "make" (NOTE: I do NOT want to change source code or makefile to define that macro from time to time). e.g. test.cpp: ... #ifdef TEST1 // code segment for test1 ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get surrounding lines of grep result

hi, if i have a file and i want to search for the word error using grep, i usually want to see the surrounding lines too as they contain info about the error. what would be a nice way to achieve this? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

then: then/endif not found

Hi All I am getting this error when i try to run script from root using other user profile. Command I am running is "su - user -c command" Error envounterd "then: then/endif not found" Can any body please help me on this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get surrounding lines of my grep search?

hi, if I grep a file, sometimes I want to see as an eg 2 lines above and below my grep results. how can this be done thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if else endif using csh

I am trying to use csh to do an if statement as below if ( $tmaxf2 > $tmaxf1 ) then set tmax = $tmaxf2 else set tmax = $tmaxf1 endif Does not work and I'm getting if: Badly formed number. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chunk server implementation

How unix file can be put in the hash table and how to write a program in which the chunk server acts as a client and server . Can you give me a comprehensive idea of implementation. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kswapnadevi
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Possible to grep string based on surrounding strings?

I was wondering if it was possible to grep a pattern based on the surround text. For example, if i have an input file like this: titleA titleB titlex titleC titleD titlex titleE And I want to grep "title" and save the results only if it is not followed with a "titlex". My output... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ifdef for bash variables in csh environment?

Hi Guys, I have a a bash script and i am exporting a variable in it. I am calling a csh script from this bash script. The variable "ABC" will be visible in csh script. ks.bash export ABC = abc ./kp.csh ab.csh echo $ABC setenv ABC =cde (i want to assign this value to ABC only if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep pattern only and surrounding lines

Hello, I am trying to grep search a pattern and a line before it. cat input >record1 hello1hello2hellonhello3 >record2 helloohello1hello2hello3 When I use, grep with -o option and either of -A/B/C options, I still can't see lines before or after the pattern. But the exact pattern is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies
INTRO(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  INTRO(9)

NAME
intro -- introduction to system kernel interfaces DESCRIPTION
This section contains information about the interfaces and subroutines in the kernel. PROTOTYPES ANSI-C AND ALL THAT Yes please. We would like all code to be fully prototyped. If your code compiles cleanly with cc -Wall we would feel happy about it. It is important to understand that this isn't a question of just shutting up cc, it is a question about avoiding the things it complains about. To put it bluntly, don't hide the problem by casting and other obfuscating practices, solve the problem. INDENTATION AND STYLE
Believe it or not, there actually exists a guide for indentation and style. It isn't generally applied though. We would appreciate if people would pay attention to it, and at least not violate it blatantly. We don't mind it too badly if you have your own style, but please make sure we can read it too. Please take time to read style(9) for more information. NAMING THINGS
Some general rules exist: 1. If a function is meant as a debugging aid in DDB, it should be enclosed in #ifdef DDB #endif /* DDB */ And the name of the procedure should start with the prefix DDB_ to clearly identify the procedure as a debugger routine. SCOPE OF SYMBOLS
It is important to carefully consider the scope of symbols in the kernel. The default is to make everything static, unless some reason requires the opposite. There are several reasons for this policy, the main one is that the kernel is one monolithic name-space, and pollution is not a good idea here either. For device drivers and other modules that don't add new internal interfaces to the kernel, the entire source should be in one file if possi- ble. That way all symbols can be made static. If for some reason a module is split over multiple source files, then try to split the module along some major fault-line and consider using the number of global symbols as your guide. The fewer the better. SEE ALSO
style(9) HISTORY
The intro section manual page appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. BSD
December 13, 1995 BSD