Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers editing sqlplus id@passwd in multiple scripts, users and directories Post 302116823 by Helmi on Tuesday 8th of May 2007 11:08:00 PM
Old 05-09-2007
thanks all!
i try to think that if the script to edit the sqlplus is running, it will also edit the all the variables that set in that editing scripts. Hence, if being executed for the second time, nothing will changed, right?

using:
Code:
find . -type f -exec grep -l sqlplus.*\@ {} \;

will result:
Code:
./sql
./editor.sh

where editor.sh contained those variable of sqlplus. how to avoid this editor.sh also being edited? But, anyway, it is okay since i have to run this jus t once. Thanks again

Regards,
Helmi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sqlplus and sh scripts (to_char command))

Hi evrybody!!!! I have a problem with this shell script INICIO=$(sqlplus -s user/user@db1 << END | awk '{printf $1}' set head off set feed off select to_char(min(create_dt) , 'HH24') from table_name where trunc(create_dt)=trunc(sysdate-2); END) I want to recover, in INICIO, the min... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for ID´s free in /etc/passwd

As extracting of the file /etc/passwd the ID´s that have not been used in a range specifies. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscar_acm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLplus in Shell scripts

How to execute a query which is stored in a variable. Say for example : v_source_query=”select count(*) from emp” v_source_value=`sqlplus -S "$DATABASE_LOGIN" << EOF | tr '\n' ' ' set feed off set pagesize 0 set head... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trupti_d
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append 3 users in /etc/passwd

I am looking to add 3 lines in /etc/passwd via a script. Can you please give me an idea on how to write a script that can do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of users in passwd

This command prints out username/users in /etc/passwd: cut -d ':' -f '1,5' /etc/passwd | sort I wonder if I also, after above commands output, can get an output that lists number of users in the group? I need to use uniq to get rid of duplicates. I´ve tried this, but cant get it right, can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskis
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and execute shell scripts in multiple sub directories in parallel

I have one parent directory and within that parent directory there are several other sub-directories and within those sub-directories there are several other "large number" of sub-directories. All the sub directories have a shell script in them with a common file name execute_command.sh I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing old user directories that are no longer Users in /etc/passwd

I am new to shell scripting, and have not done much programming in several years. So I am very rusty at this at best. I know my way around the linux command line, but actually scripting is something I have not done too much of. I have been tasked to come up with a script that will pull all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuiend
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't change users passwd

Have an issue with a user or root changing the user's passwd. We run the passwd command and a complex passwd is entered a message is displayed, "passwd is based on a dictionary word." We do have a dictionary file and I know for a fact the complex passwd is not in the list. This happens on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solizkewl
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
libquvi(3)							  libquvi manual							libquvi(3)

NAME
libquvi - Overview of query media library DESCRIPTION
libquvi is a cross-platform library for parsing flash media stream URLs with C API. The term "quvi" is a shorthand for "query video". API documentation <http://quvi.sourceforge.net/doc/> Motivation libquvi originates from the idea of allowing users to view the videos without having to install or use flash. It is a "workaround", not an "alternative" to flash. See also: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash#Performance> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash#Flash_client_security> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash#Alternatives_to_Flash> ENVIRONMENT
LIBQUVI_SCRIPTSDIR Path to the libquvi-scripts directory. This overrides the libquvi default search paths for the scripts. See also the tutorial in the "API documentation". LIBQUVI_SHOW_SCANDIR If set, libquvi prints the lua script search paths to the stderr. LIBQUVI_SHOW_SCRIPT If set, the lua scripts found by libquvi are printed to the stderr. WWW
Home : <http://quvi.sourceforge.net> gitweb: <http://repo.or.cz/w/libquvi.git> LICENSE
libquvi is free software, licensed under the LGPLv2.1+. The lua scripts that libquvi uses are considered as programs and using the lua scripts is linking. SEE ALSO
"libquvi-scripts(7)", quvi(1) AUTHOR
Toni Gundogdu <legatvs at sign gmail com> Thanks to all those who have contributed to the project by sending patches, reporting bugs and writing feedback. You know who you are. v0.4.1 2011-09-23 libquvi(3)