Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers editing sqlplus id@passwd in multiple scripts, users and directories Post 302116820 by TinWalrus on Tuesday 8th of May 2007 10:02:56 PM
Old 05-08-2007
you could do something like the following...

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
for file in $(find . -type f -exec grep -l sqlplus.*\@ {} \;); do
        echo ${file}
        sed -e 's%sqlplus user/pword@sid%sqlplus newuser/newpword@newsid%g' < ${file} > ${file}.$$
        mv ${file}.$$ ${file}
done

replace user, pword, sid with the current
replace newuser, newpword,newsid with replacement

run from parent directory, you should back up everything first Smilie

Last edited by TinWalrus; 05-08-2007 at 11:50 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sqlplus and sh scripts (to_char command))

Hi evrybody!!!! I have a problem with this shell script INICIO=$(sqlplus -s user/user@db1 << END | awk '{printf $1}' set head off set feed off select to_char(min(create_dt) , 'HH24') from table_name where trunc(create_dt)=trunc(sysdate-2); END) I want to recover, in INICIO, the min... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for ID´s free in /etc/passwd

As extracting of the file /etc/passwd the ID´s that have not been used in a range specifies. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscar_acm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLplus in Shell scripts

How to execute a query which is stored in a variable. Say for example : v_source_query=”select count(*) from emp” v_source_value=`sqlplus -S "$DATABASE_LOGIN" << EOF | tr '\n' ' ' set feed off set pagesize 0 set head... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trupti_d
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append 3 users in /etc/passwd

I am looking to add 3 lines in /etc/passwd via a script. Can you please give me an idea on how to write a script that can do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of users in passwd

This command prints out username/users in /etc/passwd: cut -d ':' -f '1,5' /etc/passwd | sort I wonder if I also, after above commands output, can get an output that lists number of users in the group? I need to use uniq to get rid of duplicates. I´ve tried this, but cant get it right, can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskis
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and execute shell scripts in multiple sub directories in parallel

I have one parent directory and within that parent directory there are several other sub-directories and within those sub-directories there are several other "large number" of sub-directories. All the sub directories have a shell script in them with a common file name execute_command.sh I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing old user directories that are no longer Users in /etc/passwd

I am new to shell scripting, and have not done much programming in several years. So I am very rusty at this at best. I know my way around the linux command line, but actually scripting is something I have not done too much of. I have been tasked to come up with a script that will pull all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuiend
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't change users passwd

Have an issue with a user or root changing the user's passwd. We run the passwd command and a complex passwd is entered a message is displayed, "passwd is based on a dictionary word." We do have a dictionary file and I know for a fact the complex passwd is not in the list. This happens on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solizkewl
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)