Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers editing sqlplus id@passwd in multiple scripts, users and directories Post 302116819 by Helmi on Tuesday 8th of May 2007 09:29:01 PM
Old 05-08-2007
Thanks for the replies.
Quote:
2) how am i going to seek for oracle sqlplus scripts which have the "myusername/mypasswd @myDB" in every sh scripts,perl etc in every user directories. And if it found it, it is enable to modified?

3) is there any example/testing sed scripts which i seem maybe would help for
the task?
matrixmadhan , supposed that, i found all the script using what you guys have told me, if there any help on how to edit the pattern that i found and apply it all to scripts e.g:
Code:
find . -name '*.*' -print | xargs grep -il 'searchpattern' | sed 's/oldsearchpattern/newsearchpattern/g' (i don't know if this is the correct term of using sed!)

to make it clear:
Code:
in /home/user/

a.sh
b.sh
c.sh

i found above 3 shell script contained the "user/passwd @DB", then
is there any example shell script/sed scripts that could alter or modified all three scripts where i just input the new "user/passwd @DB" when i running the example script.

sorry for much of request,

Regards,
Helmi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sqlplus and sh scripts (to_char command))

Hi evrybody!!!! I have a problem with this shell script INICIO=$(sqlplus -s user/user@db1 << END | awk '{printf $1}' set head off set feed off select to_char(min(create_dt) , 'HH24') from table_name where trunc(create_dt)=trunc(sysdate-2); END) I want to recover, in INICIO, the min... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for ID´s free in /etc/passwd

As extracting of the file /etc/passwd the ID´s that have not been used in a range specifies. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscar_acm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLplus in Shell scripts

How to execute a query which is stored in a variable. Say for example : v_source_query=”select count(*) from emp” v_source_value=`sqlplus -S "$DATABASE_LOGIN" << EOF | tr '\n' ' ' set feed off set pagesize 0 set head... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trupti_d
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append 3 users in /etc/passwd

I am looking to add 3 lines in /etc/passwd via a script. Can you please give me an idea on how to write a script that can do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of users in passwd

This command prints out username/users in /etc/passwd: cut -d ':' -f '1,5' /etc/passwd | sort I wonder if I also, after above commands output, can get an output that lists number of users in the group? I need to use uniq to get rid of duplicates. I´ve tried this, but cant get it right, can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskis
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and execute shell scripts in multiple sub directories in parallel

I have one parent directory and within that parent directory there are several other sub-directories and within those sub-directories there are several other "large number" of sub-directories. All the sub directories have a shell script in them with a common file name execute_command.sh I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing old user directories that are no longer Users in /etc/passwd

I am new to shell scripting, and have not done much programming in several years. So I am very rusty at this at best. I know my way around the linux command line, but actually scripting is something I have not done too much of. I have been tasked to come up with a script that will pull all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuiend
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't change users passwd

Have an issue with a user or root changing the user's passwd. We run the passwd command and a complex passwd is entered a message is displayed, "passwd is based on a dictionary word." We do have a dictionary file and I know for a fact the complex passwd is not in the list. This happens on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solizkewl
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts

Hello All, I have to restart 100's of scripts for at least 20+ users once the server restarts for any reason. I wanted to come up with a single script to trigger of all scripts/programs under all users with just one script (without root privilege). Is it possible to do so? :confused: If not,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies
libquvi(3)							  libquvi manual							libquvi(3)

NAME
libquvi - Overview of query media library DESCRIPTION
libquvi is a cross-platform library for parsing flash media stream URLs with C API. The term "quvi" is a shorthand for "query video". API documentation <http://quvi.sourceforge.net/doc/> Motivation libquvi originates from the idea of allowing users to view the videos without having to install or use flash. It is a "workaround", not an "alternative" to flash. See also: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash#Performance> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash#Flash_client_security> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash#Alternatives_to_Flash> ENVIRONMENT
LIBQUVI_SCRIPTSDIR Path to the libquvi-scripts directory. This overrides the libquvi default search paths for the scripts. See also the tutorial in the "API documentation". LIBQUVI_SHOW_SCANDIR If set, libquvi prints the lua script search paths to the stderr. LIBQUVI_SHOW_SCRIPT If set, the lua scripts found by libquvi are printed to the stderr. WWW
Home : <http://quvi.sourceforge.net> gitweb: <http://repo.or.cz/w/libquvi.git> LICENSE
libquvi is free software, licensed under the LGPLv2.1+. The lua scripts that libquvi uses are considered as programs and using the lua scripts is linking. SEE ALSO
"libquvi-scripts(7)", quvi(1) AUTHOR
Toni Gundogdu <legatvs at sign gmail com> Thanks to all those who have contributed to the project by sending patches, reporting bugs and writing feedback. You know who you are. v0.4.1 2011-09-23 libquvi(3)