Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script not processing if statement properly Post 302116791 by jonathan184 on Tuesday 8th of May 2007 03:24:59 PM
Old 05-08-2007
Hi Perderabo

Thank you very much that did work by removing the quotes. I am a newbie doing this. So I appreciate all the help you gave me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script syntax for XML processing

Hi All, I am new to Shell scripting. I have a log file containing XML Messages.Each XML Message is accompanied with a timestamp.I need to count the the number of messages that get logged in a particular timeinterval.Is there any command/Syntax to achieve this. Any code/example is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't seem to pass variables properly into a nawk statement

Ok, So up front I'm going to say that I'm a very elementary scripter, and I tend to use tools I don't fully understand, but I shotgun at something until I can get it to work...that said, I can't for the life of me understand why I can't get this to go down the way I want it to. The goal: -to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with shell script: not detecting file properly

The following script is meant to check the presence of a file - called filename0.94.tar.gz - and uncompress it: #!/bin/sh # check presence of file VERSION=0.94 if ; then # file not present: abort echo "Files cannot be found." #exit 1 (commented out this line, so we can see how the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Email not working Properly

Hi GURU's, I'm using a Shell Script to send email's as an attachment. I'm Storing the email address in a table and catching in a variable. MAILLIST=`noarg sqlplus -s $OraUsr << EOF set heading off set feedback off set echo off SELECT email_ids FROM tpemail_table WHERE... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikraj
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 file processing script in C shell

I want to use an awk for the following scenario but not sure if it will work or not. I have two input file: F1 and F2 F1 02 05 08 F2 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script for url processing

Hi, My objective is to make a shell script that, when run, you can input multiple links at once. text is then inserted between the http:// part and the following url. example : http://google.be ==> http://sometext.google.be it would be great if it could then open all the created links (wich... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tooster
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Processing in shell script

i have a file with following type of data abcd : gggggg gggggg ; 1234 gggggg ; 5678 gggggg ; 3434 gggggg ; 6565 gggggg ; 1231 1234 ; vvvv ;Eng=Myfirstname 5678 ; xyzf ;Eng=Mysecondname 3434 ; xyzf ;Eng=Mythirdname 6565 ; xyzf ;Eng=Mysfourthname 1231 ; xyzf ;Eng=Mysfifthname... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: telangmadhuri
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not working properly

Hello, i have below shell script to process ftp get from server and create file list afte finish. this shell scipt has 6 parameter input. unfortunately, it is only working to get the file and terminated before creating file list. please help. thanks, #!/bin/ksh ## example usage :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daryatmo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then Else statement in shell script

Hi, I am having a shell Script which i need to modify. I am new to shell scripting , needs help. The Logic which needs to be incorporated is as follows :- The script need to check the length of first Line in a data fine and of the length of the file is > 130 then validated the input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvichare
2 Replies

10. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies
HTMLSPECIALCHARS_DECODE(3)						 1						HTMLSPECIALCHARS_DECODE(3)

htmlspecialchars_decode - Convert special HTML entities back to characters

SYNOPSIS
string htmlspecialchars_decode (string $string, [int $flags = ENT_COMPAT | ENT_HTML401]) DESCRIPTION
This function is the opposite of htmlspecialchars(3). It converts special HTML entities back to characters. The converted entities are: &amp;, &quot; (when ENT_NOQUOTES is not set), &#039; (when ENT_QUOTES is set), &lt; and &gt;. PARAMETERS
o $string - The string to decode. o $flags - A bitmask of one or more of the following flags, which specify how to handle quotes and which document type to use. The default is ENT_COMPAT | ENT_HTML401. Available $flags constants +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Constant Name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | ENT_COMPAT | | | | | | | Will convert double-quotes and leave single- | | | quotes alone. | | | | | | | | ENT_QUOTES | | | | | | | Will convert both double and single quotes. | | | | | | | |ENT_NOQUOTES | | | | | | | Will leave both double and single quotes uncon- | | | verted. | | | | | | | | ENT_HTML401 | | | | | | | Handle code as HTML 4.01. | | | | | | | | ENT_XML1 | | | | | | | Handle code as XML 1. | | | | | | | | ENT_XHTML | | | | | | | Handle code as XHTML. | | | | | | | | ENT_HTML5 | | | | | | | Handle code as HTML 5. | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
Returns the decoded string. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The constants ENT_HTML401, ENT_XML1, ENT_XHTML | | | and ENT_HTML5 were added. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A htmlspecialchars_decode(3) example <?php $str = "<p>this -&gt; &quot;</p> "; echo htmlspecialchars_decode($str); // note that here the quotes aren't converted echo htmlspecialchars_decode($str, ENT_NOQUOTES); ?> The above example will output: <p>this -> "</p> <p>this -> &quot;</p> SEE ALSO
htmlspecialchars(3), html_entity_decode(3), get_html_translation_table(3). PHP Documentation Group HTMLSPECIALCHARS_DECODE(3)