Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting recurring run of sh script in crontab Post 302116713 by MarGur on Monday 7th of May 2007 07:10:22 PM
Old 05-07-2007
Hi reborg, thanks a lot for such fast replay.
So, all that I need, is only change * to "0"?
Sorry for naive questions, but this is important (it's a prod. DataBase).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fail to run init-script from crontab

I have written a "simple" shell-script (BASH) to monitor the logs of our Resin-applicationserver. Whenever Resin runs out of available heap-space, the script then tries to restart the Resin-server. My problem is that my "autopilot"-script fails when it's run from crontab. Here's what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i run a shell script without crontab.

Hi Folks, Could you please suggest me how to run a shell script on a solaris env without using crontab. I am actually trying to write a shell script which will grep "WORD" in the logfile andd sends a email.Thanks in advance. Thanks Sandeep. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep anand
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running properly when run from Crontab

Hi I am a novice Linux/Perl user and am struggling to overcome what I am sure is a simple problem. I am using a perl program to create a shell script daily containing between 10 and 30 "at -f" commands for the same day. Then I change the file attributes to allow the file to be executed. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simoncjones
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab fails to run script

OS is Ubuntu 8.04.3. When I run the command: /usr/bin/syslogMailer < /etc/syslog.pipes/criticalMessagesFrom a bash shell it works and i receive an email as per the script however when run from crontab it does not work. Can anyone explain why and how to fix it? /usr/bin/syslogMailer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab entry to run a script on 1st of every month.

What should be the crontab entry in solaris to run a script on 1st of every month? Is this correct? 00 02 1 * * <script to be executed> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksahni0109
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script through crontab using ksh

hi i have a script called test.sh. the content is ls >> crontest.txt. if i run manually it's giving output.but if i scheduled in crontab it's not giving output. crontab entry: 02 * * * * /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/test.sh >> /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/testfile/logfile 2>&1 I am using ksh.is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get this bash/expect script to run under a crontab

#!/bin/bash # # RAP configuration script # # Usage: ./rap.sh # # Requires: expect, tcl # # Script expects to find a file called rap.csv located in the same directory as the script. If the file is placed # in a different directory, modify the custom entries section to specify the absolute... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkool
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script containing Curl doesn't run with crontab

Hello I have a problem with the crontab command when I run a code containing Curl on the command line it runs without fail but as soon as I program it with crontab it executes everything except the curl returns fail thank you for helping me to resolve this problem because since Monday I look... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
14 Replies
Config::Model::Backend::Yaml(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Config::Model::Backend::Yaml(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::Backend::Yaml - Read and write config as a YAML data structure VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
use Config::Model ; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy) ; use Data::Dumper ; Log::Log4perl->easy_init($WARN); # define configuration tree object my $model = Config::Model->new ; $model ->create_config_class ( name => "MyClass", element => [ [qw/foo bar/] => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string' }, baz => { type => 'hash', index_type => 'string' , cargo => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string', }, }, ], read_config => [ { backend => 'yaml' , config_dir => '/tmp', file => 'foo.yml', auto_create => 1, } ], ) ; my $inst = $model->instance(root_class_name => 'MyClass' ); my $root = $inst->config_root ; my $step = 'foo=yada bar="bla bla" baz:en=hello baz:fr=bonjour baz:hr="dobar dan"'; $root->load( step => $step ) ; $inst->write_back ; Now, "/tmp/foo.yml" contains: --- bar: bla bla baz: en: hello fr: bonjour hr: dobar dan foo: yada DESCRIPTION
This module is used directly by Config::Model to read or write the content of a configuration tree written with YAML syntax in "Config::Model" configuration tree. Note that undefined values are skipped for list element. I.e. if a list element contains "('a',undef,'b')", the data structure will contain 'a','b'. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( node => $node_obj, name => 'yaml' ) ; Inherited from Config::Model::Backend::Any. The constructor will be called by Config::Model::AutoRead. read ( io_handle => ... ) Of all parameters passed to this read call-back, only "io_handle" is used. This parameter must be IO::File object already opened for read. It can also be undef. In this case, "read()" will return 0. When a file is read, "read()" will return 1. write ( io_handle => ... ) Of all parameters passed to this write call-back, only "io_handle" is used. This parameter must be IO::File object already opened for write. "write()" will return 1. AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model, Config::Model::AutoRead, Config::Model::Backend::Any, perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::Backend::Yaml(3pm)