Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sshd question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sshd question Post 302116526 by banyan on Friday 4th of May 2007 04:43:21 PM
Old 05-04-2007
sshd question

Can someone tell me the difference between the (2) listed below:

oracle pts/1 ip1 May1 7:11 9:11
oracle sshd ip1 May1 7:11 8:22

How do I read the above information, the fact that the row for pts/1 has a longer time duration than the row for sshd. Why is the time different for the (2) rows?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd

i just downloaded and installed succesfully openssh server, and am running it on netbsd 1.5, i can not login with anyuser, i enabled root login just to see what happens and i can login as root, but no other user, i checked my config and most things are default, whats going on? has any one else had... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. AIX

sshd restart

need some clarification: if i ssh to the server & i restart the sshd process, did my connection gone? one more thing, there are a few sshd processes in aix, how do i restart it all to read new config? using HUP? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

3. AIX

It helps in the sshd on sshd.log

Friends, I made the installation of the ssh in the it conspires, I configured in the ssh_config the following parameters.. SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO that should generate sshd.log in the /var/log.... more no this generating. Somebody could help myself in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandba
0 Replies

4. AIX

SSHD does not start

I installed OpenSSH on AIX 5.1 but when I try to start it, it says: bash-2.05a# /usr/sbin/sshd bash-2.05a# bash-2.05a# tail /var/adm/syslog.out Jan 8 11:52:22 xyz sshd: fatal: Cannot bind any address. :confused: (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
31 Replies

5. Solaris

no sshd log

My ssh log appear to the screen which i want it to be log to /var/log/sshd.log how to log the sshd to /var/log? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
5 Replies

6. Solaris

sshd not able to restart

Hi, I was able to putty a few server (Solaris 10) of mine using hostname, but when i change to ip address, it shows login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: Access denied I change PermitRootLogin to yes. I tried to do a sshd restart, however ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

7. Solaris

sshd and loginlog

I have shamelessly tried all the possible ways to see if my /var/adm/loginlog logs user access entries for ssh but nothing has worked for me so far..:confused: for telnet login its working fine. Adding auth.info in syslog.conf works but i dont want that output. Is there any way to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print all instances of sshd

how would i print all the instance of sshd process, sorted based on alphabetical order of user-id. the output should only consist of User-ID of the process and the process name? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stefanere2k9
1 Replies

9. AIX

sshd autostart problem

Hello, AIX 6.1 sshd worked fine. Then I upgraded my AIX from 6100-02-04-0920 to 6100-03-10-1119 successfully(no errors, nothing unusual). After reboot sshd was not started, 3 errors in errpt: # lssrc -s sshd Subsystem Group PID Status sshd ssh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sshd - error

Hi, Do you know what cause the error message ? Nov 19 13:42:19 cfsasnd02 sshd: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in /etc/environment', ignoring Nov 19 13:42:20 cfsasnd02 sshd: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
0 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)