Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling sqlplus from within a for loop Post 302116374 by akosz on Thursday 3rd of May 2007 02:23:10 PM
Old 05-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
i tested both scripts and they worked fine, I don't see a reason why this has something to do
with the loop, since it's absolutely the same, the loop just runs one time because of the exit, I don't see the sense of script nr2 Smilie

the reason the script doesn't accomplish anything is because it's a stripped down version of the real script. i can't go posting sensitive information on here! Smilie

i've f'd around with this for hours. finally i created a new file, typed the same thing, executed it, and it worked!!! Smilie

i'm about to lose my mind over here...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus from shell

Hi All, I am executing the following code :- sqlplus -s ${DATABASE_USER} |& print -p -- 'set feed off pause off pages 0 head off veri off line 500' print -p -- 'set term off time off serveroutput on size 1000000' print -p -- "set sqlprompt ''" print -p -- "SELECT run_command from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suds19
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files

Hi all, Iam facing a lot of problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files from shell. What is the standard procedures to be taken care. Any help would be useful for me. Thanks in advance, Ganapati. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus, read table return etc

I have korn shell scripts. I want to pass a variable to a script which will execute a a sql script to read a table that contains env. variables. I want to read and then somehow export at unix level variables example for every row selected from the table build export command line field1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling store procedure using SQLPLUS in unix

Hi, I am facing the following error in calling the stored procedure from SQLPLUS in unix environment. SQL> set serveroutput on SQL> var store number; SQL> exec test_proc(:store, 200); BEGIN TEST_PROC(:store, 200); END; * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep7986
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help supressing spool output from screen when calling sqlplus from script

I'm calling an embedded sql from my shell script file. This sql does simple task of spooling out the contents of the table (see below my sample code) into a spool file that I specify. So far so good, but the problem is that the output is also displayed on screen which I do NOT want. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MxC
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have a UNIX script which will prepare anonymous oracle pl/sql block in a temporary file in run time and passes this file to sqlplus as given below. cat > $v_Input_File 2>>$v_Log << EOF BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DML PARALLEL 16'; EXECUTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid $ symbol while calling sqlplus in shellscript.

Hi All, we have requirement, i am created a shell script , inside i am connecting sqlplus and execute the query. below my code for your reference. get_sqlid () { sqlid=$( sqlplus -s $PBDW_USERID/$PBDW_PW@$PBDW_SID <<EOF DEFINE TBLNAME=$1 set feedback off set serverout on size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SQLPLUS calling Via Script

Hello All, Could you please help me if i am doing anything wrong in below script, especially the sqlplus part performance wise or anything else i could improvise in the script. Thank you. #!/bin/ksh ## Batch Obj Id MP_BCH_OBJ_ID=$1 PASS=$2 partition=$3 ## script dir... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
6 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)