Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reduce the or conditions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reduce the or conditions Post 302116213 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 10:39:29 AM
Old 05-02-2007
Incorrect post, Moderators please delete this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

reduce available ram

hello, we have a aix 5.2 server with 8GB of ram. is it possible, without actually removing the hardware, to have the O/S think it has only 4GB of ram? We would like to see how the handles and responds if it only had 4Gb instead of the 8GB. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Looks like i found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I reduce sysdump?

Hi, I have a server which is running out of space on the rootvg. When trying to find some spare space I discovered there are 2 sysdump logical volumes, each of 5GB, yet if I get an estimate of the dump size it's only 0.5 GB. $ lsvg -l rootvg|grep sysdump hd71 sysdump 20 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m223464
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reduce execution time

Hi All, The below script I run daily and it consumes 2 hours approx. In this I am calling another script and executing the same twice. Is the loop below the cause for the slow process?Is it possible to finetune the program so that it runs in a much faster way? The first script: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reduce a string

hi i have a string "hostname=lpdma520_dev_ipc_us_aexp_com" now i need only "newHostname=lpdma520" how to do this one please help soon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

5. AIX

reduce used paging space

Hi I have used gzip on AIX and the used paging space has jumped from 7% to 20%. The gzip process is finished since a long time. But the used paging space is still the same. How to release this space ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfarah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reduce

printf "\nClosing stats:\n" >> data.txt echo >> data.txt sed 's/^ \t*//;/^#/d;/^$/d' $stats | while read line do close=$(grep -w "^$line" $datafile | sed -e 's/\(.*\),\(.*\),\(.*\)/\2/') if ; then printf "%5d. %-s was not found in file\n"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jafa401
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reduce code.....

Hi All, Could some one help me to reduce the code... if then ./plist -m "$queuename" |grep $2|awk '{print $3}' >unlock.log elif then ./plist -m "$queuename" |grep $2|awk '{print $4}' >unlock.log else ./plist -m "$queuename" |grep $2|awk '{print $5}' >unlock.log . . . . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions with to many OR conditions

Hi ALL I have a script where in i need to check for several values in if conditons but when i execute the script it throws error such as "TOO MANY ARGUMENTS" if then msg="BM VAR Issue :: bmaRequestVAR=$bmaRequestVAR , nltBMVAR=$nltBMVAR , bmaResponseVAR=$bmaResponseVAR ,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to reduce time of archiving

hi all, i have written the following script that does this work: 1. copy large logs files from one server to another. 2. then unzip this files and extraxt from these large https logs only those fields that are neccesary. 3. then archive the extracted logs to new files. BUT the problem is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reduce the space every four hours

Hi Team, Please help me in shell script, I have a some file in Linux which I want to reduce the space every 4 hours in the form of ZIP move to other location with the help of Shell Script using with with current date. Can you please help me. Regards, Suhail (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frsuhail001
3 Replies
PUSH(8)                                                     BSD System Manager's Manual                                                    PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL