Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Determening load average.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determening load average. Post 302116198 by jibsonline on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 09:40:40 AM
Old 05-02-2007
I get an error running the script

[: -gt: unary operator expected

Jibu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

load average

we have an unix system which has load average normally about 20. but while i am running a particular unix batch which performs heavy operations on filesystem and database average load reduces to 15. how can we explain this situation? while running that batch idle cpu time is about %60-65... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average

Hello all, I have a question about load averages. I've read the man pages for the uptime and w command for two or three different flavors of Unix (Red Hat, Tru64, Solaris). All of them agree that in the output of the 2 aforementioned commands, you are given the load average for the box, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top - Load average

Hello, Here is the output of top command. My understanding here is, the load average 0.03 in last 1 min, 0.02 is in last 5 min, 0.00 is in last 15 min. By seeing this load average, When can we say that, the system load averge is too high? When can we say that, load average is medium/low??... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

4. Solaris

load average query.

Hi, i have installed solaris 10 on t-5120 sparc enterprise. I am little surprised to see load average of 2 or around on this OS. when checked with ps command following process is using highest CPU. looks like it is running for long time and does not want to stop, but I do not know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help me in my load average

Hello AlL,.. I want from experts to help me as my load average is increased and i dont know where is the problem !! this is my top result : root@a4s # top top - 11:30:38 up 40 min, 1 user, load average: 3.06, 2.49, 4.66 Mem: 8168788k total, 2889596k used, 5279192k free, 47792k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: black-code
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average threshold

What should be the threshold for load average of a quad core processor? What constitutes "good" and "bad" load average values? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Load average in UNIX

Hi , I am using 48 CPU sunOS server at my work. The application has facility to check the current load average before starting a new process to control the load. Right now it is configured as 48. So it does mean that each CPU can take maximum one proces and no processe is waiting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Load Average and Lwps

NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 320 oracle 23G 22G 69% 582:55:11 85% 47 root 148M 101M 0.3% 99:29:40 0.3% 53 rafmsdb 38M 60M 0.2% 0:46:17 0.1% 1 smmsp 1296K 5440K 0.0% 0:00:08 0.0% 7 daemon ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with load average?

how load average is calculated and what exactly is it difference between cpu% and load average (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

Load average unit

Hi, On load average graph, unit is 100m, 200m, 300...800m. I don't understand what it means. Thx for helping (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michenux
3 Replies
CREATE 
OPERATOR(7) SQL Commands CREATE OPERATOR(7) NAME
CREATE OPERATOR - define a new operator SYNOPSIS
CREATE OPERATOR name ( PROCEDURE = funcname [, LEFTARG = lefttype ] [, RIGHTARG = righttype ] [, COMMUTATOR = com_op ] [, NEGATOR = neg_op ] [, RESTRICT = res_proc ] [, JOIN = join_proc ] [, HASHES ] [, MERGES ] ) DESCRIPTION
CREATE OPERATOR defines a new operator, name. The user who defines an operator becomes its owner. If a schema name is given then the opera- tor is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. The operator name is a sequence of up to NAMEDATALEN-1 (63 by default) characters from the following list: + - * / < > = ~ ! @ # % ^ & | ` ? There are a few restrictions on your choice of name: o -- and /* cannot appear anywhere in an operator name, since they will be taken as the start of a comment. o A multicharacter operator name cannot end in + or -, unless the name also contains at least one of these characters: ~ ! @ # % ^ & | ` ? For example, @- is an allowed operator name, but *- is not. This restriction allows PostgreSQL to parse SQL-compliant commands without requiring spaces between tokens. The operator != is mapped to <> on input, so these two names are always equivalent. At least one of LEFTARG and RIGHTARG must be defined. For binary operators, both must be defined. For right unary operators, only LEFTARG should be defined, while for left unary operators only RIGHTARG should be defined. The funcname procedure must have been previously defined using CREATE FUNCTION and must be defined to accept the correct number of argu- ments (either one or two) of the indicated types. The other clauses specify optional operator optimization clauses. Their meaning is detailed in in the documentation. PARAMETERS
name The name of the operator to be defined. See above for allowable characters. The name can be schema-qualified, for example CREATE OPERATOR myschema.+ (...). If not, then the operator is created in the current schema. Two operators in the same schema can have the same name if they operate on different data types. This is called overloading. funcname The function used to implement this operator. lefttype The data type of the operator's left operand, if any. This option would be omitted for a left-unary operator. righttype The data type of the operator's right operand, if any. This option would be omitted for a right-unary operator. com_op The commutator of this operator. neg_op The negator of this operator. res_proc The restriction selectivity estimator function for this operator. join_proc The join selectivity estimator function for this operator. HASHES Indicates this operator can support a hash join. MERGES Indicates this operator can support a merge join. To give a schema-qualified operator name in com_op or the other optional arguments, use the OPERATOR() syntax, for example: COMMUTATOR = OPERATOR(myschema.===) , NOTES
Refer to in the documentation for further information. The obsolete options SORT1, SORT2, LTCMP, and GTCMP were formerly used to specify the names of sort operators associated with a merge-join- able operator. This is no longer necessary, since information about associated operators is found by looking at B-tree operator families instead. If one of these options is given, it is ignored except for implicitly setting MERGES true. Use DROP OPERATOR [drop_operator(7)] to delete user-defined operators from a database. Use ALTER OPERATOR [alter_operator(7)] to modify operators in a database. EXAMPLES
The following command defines a new operator, area-equality, for the data type box: CREATE OPERATOR === ( LEFTARG = box, RIGHTARG = box, PROCEDURE = area_equal_procedure, COMMUTATOR = ===, NEGATOR = !==, RESTRICT = area_restriction_procedure, JOIN = area_join_procedure, HASHES, MERGES ); COMPATIBILITY
CREATE OPERATOR is a PostgreSQL extension. There are no provisions for user-defined operators in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER OPERATOR [alter_operator(7)], CREATE OPERATOR CLASS [create_operator_class(7)], DROP OPERATOR [drop_operator(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE OPERATOR(7)