Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 and 64 bit apache/openssl/gcc Post 302116188 by csross on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 08:59:09 AM
Old 05-02-2007
I compiled openssl with ./Configure solaris64-sparcv9-gcc shared option and although the "make" completed, I noticed a number of the same errors during the verbose output. I did not do a make install. As I said in the original post, I installed gcc 3.4.6 from Sun Freeware after removing the gcc 3.4.6 that came with Solaris 10.

I'm wondering if there is a library search problem. I'm running the make as root and here

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/ccs/lib

ld.so.1: openssl: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
Killed
aol1.pem => .0
ld.so.1: openssl: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate aol2.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate aoltw1.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate aoltw2.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate argena.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate argeng.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate eng1.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate eng2.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate eng3.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate eng4.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate eng5.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate RegTP-5R.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate RegTP-6R.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate thawteCb.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate thawteCp.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate vsign1.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate vsign3.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate vsignss.pem
Killed
WARNING: Skipping duplicate certificate wellsfgo.pem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

64 bit file using gcc

Hi, I am compiling a C program using gcc. gcc -c test.c The OS is Solaris 2.8 (64 bit). We dont have cc compiler on the box. When I do a file test.o , I get this: test.o: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable SPARC Version 1 In one of my scripts I need a 64 bit object file. Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 9 openssl make problem with ld

i've seen a few posts regarding this issue, and i've tried the resolutions, but i keep running into the same problem. i'm trying to compile OpenSSL with the use of rsaref-2.0 (i'm running through this tutorial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

3. Programming

32-bit code with gcc

I want to create a 32 bit shared library. I am using following commands 1. gcc -c test1.c 2. ld -b test1.o -o test1.sl But this creates 64 bit shared library. Unix version of the server on which I am working is HP-UX 11.11 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amol.chavan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Last-Modified Bit in Apache

Hi, I have a co-worker that uses javascript code to generate the last-modified date on a file. The problem is our server does not properly send this date so javascript can display it. I know that it is better to use server-side scripting to generate this but she has already put it on multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbieg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10 apache 2.2.4 64 bit build error

I am trying to build 64 bit apache 2.2.4 on a Sun server. I have built many applications so far. This is my configure line CC='gcc -m64 -mcpu=v9 -O3' ./configure --disable-ipv6 --enable-info --enable-status --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --disable-negotiation --disable-userdir ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

6. Programming

64-Bit gcc Compilation

Hi All I have a question on the compilation Assume i am working on 64 bit Linux OS. i am making shared objects and libraries required for our project. Can i compile 32 bit libraries using gcc of 64 -bit OS? Or Is there any restriction in the 32-bit or 64-bit compilers when trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

I had previous implemented the following in my menu.lst to be able to get to 32-bit operations. # title Solaris 10 32-bit root (hd0,0,a) kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot kernel/unix module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive </code> Now, it is not working as I get the following error : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenr
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 apache 64 bit libldap.so problem

Hello, I am fairly new to Solaris so please be gentle ;). I am trying to install apache 2.4.3 adapting a script one of my colleagues wrote for version 2.2.23. The problem lies in the fact that I am aiming at creating a 64bit package hence I've already amended the script to reflect that. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teotao
3 Replies
NSEQ(1) 							      OpenSSL								   NSEQ(1)

NAME
nseq - create or examine a netscape certificate sequence SYNOPSIS
openssl nseq [-in filename] [-out filename] [-toseq] DESCRIPTION
The nseq command takes a file containing a Netscape certificate sequence and prints out the certificates contained in it or takes a file of certificates and converts it into a Netscape certificate sequence. COMMAND OPTIONS
-in filename This specifies the input filename to read or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename specifies the output filename or standard output by default. -toseq normally a Netscape certificate sequence will be input and the output is the certificates contained in it. With the -toseq option the situation is reversed: a Netscape certificate sequence is created from a file of certificates. EXAMPLES
Output the certificates in a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in nseq.pem -out certs.pem Create a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in certs.pem -toseq -out nseq.pem NOTES
The PEM encoded form uses the same headers and footers as a certificate: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- A Netscape certificate sequence is a Netscape specific form that can be sent to browsers as an alternative to the standard PKCS#7 format when several certificates are sent to the browser: for example during certificate enrollment. It is used by Netscape certificate server for example. BUGS
This program needs a few more options: like allowing DER or PEM input and output files and allowing multiple certificate files to be used. 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 NSEQ(1)