Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Commands to display the Filesnames Post 302116145 by anbu23 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 05:05:46 AM
Old 05-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kish_kk84
Query: In a directory there are 20 files, I have to display the Filenames which contains the content as JAVA in any line of the file. Please tell me the command or commands.
Code:
grep -l "JAVA" *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display fractions of a second in UNIX

How can I display fraction of a second using Date command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing filesnames in bare format with fullpath

Hi, Need help. How can I get a listing of files in bare format with full path. I mean in the following format. /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file2 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file2 /root/dir2/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir2/sub-dir2/file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

display remote commands

is there a way to display the commands the the remote user is typing -I would like to know a way by which i can log onto a remote system and type commands as the user watched on the console - I know about vnc but that is not what i am looking for -or is it rexec ? Ndegem SCSA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndegem
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Commands

Hi everyone, I am kunal,.... What command is used to display only directories (not files). ? thanks in advance..... kunal patil kunalpatil09@gmail.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display lines 30 to 40 of a text file using head and/or tail commands

Assume that the text file contains over 40 lines. How do you do this?!?!? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX commands to display the biggest file by size in a directory

Hello guys, Please i need to know the biggest files in my directory let's say$ >du -h | egrep 'M|G|G' 195M ./TMP 3.6M ./TP_DEC2012 146G . But here the result it's giving me the biggest directory in the path. Actually i want to know the biggest file in 146G . Can anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
6 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)