Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Commands to display the Filesnames Post 302116139 by kish_kk84 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 04:47:50 AM
Old 05-02-2007
Unix Commands to display the Filesnames

Query: In a directory there are 20 files, I have to display the Filenames which contains the content as JAVA in any line of the file. Please tell me the command or commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display fractions of a second in UNIX

How can I display fraction of a second using Date command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing filesnames in bare format with fullpath

Hi, Need help. How can I get a listing of files in bare format with full path. I mean in the following format. /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file2 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file2 /root/dir2/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir2/sub-dir2/file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

display remote commands

is there a way to display the commands the the remote user is typing -I would like to know a way by which i can log onto a remote system and type commands as the user watched on the console - I know about vnc but that is not what i am looking for -or is it rexec ? Ndegem SCSA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndegem
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Commands

Hi everyone, I am kunal,.... What command is used to display only directories (not files). ? thanks in advance..... kunal patil kunalpatil09@gmail.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display lines 30 to 40 of a text file using head and/or tail commands

Assume that the text file contains over 40 lines. How do you do this?!?!? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX commands to display the biggest file by size in a directory

Hello guys, Please i need to know the biggest files in my directory let's say$ >du -h | egrep 'M|G|G' 195M ./TMP 3.6M ./TP_DEC2012 146G . But here the result it's giving me the biggest directory in the path. Actually i want to know the biggest file in 146G . Can anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
6 Replies
GOPHERRC(5)							File Formats Manual						       GOPHERRC(5)

NAME
gopherrc - configuration file for gopher(1) DESCRIPTION
The gopherrc file contains a list of directives that alter the behaviour of the gopher(1) client. It is composed of lines of the form: Token: Value Tokens are case insensitive and the value field will change, depending on the token. A pound sign ("#") at the beginning of a line signi- fies a comment line. Gopherrc files are used in a number of places. There is a global gopherrc file (called gopherrc). This is usually placed in a systemwide directory. A file with the same format called remotegopher.rc is also used by the gopher client when using the -r switch. Also, an individual has their own customized version of this file in their home directory in the file .gopherrc. On VMS this file is called GOPHERRC. All of these files use the format described below. Most people will set the values in this file by pressing the 'O' key to set options in the curses gopher client, rather than editing this file directly. People considering editing this file on VMS should make sure their editor preserves the Stream_LF format of the file. Quick pseudo grammar map: <content type>,<display command>,<print command> SearchBolding: <yes|no> Bookmarks: <bookmarks> The following tokens are recognized map: maps a content type (such as text/plain, or image/gif) to commands to execute for displaying the document or printing the document, i.e. The content type, display command, and printing command are separated by commas. The sequence of %s is replaced with the filename of a temporary file containing the document to be printed or viewed. If the command starts with the vertical bar (|) the command will be executed immediately and the document will be sent to the commands standard input. Note this feature does not work on VMS. If the display command is set to 'builtin', then the text file pager inside the gopher client will be used to display the item. SearchBolding: controls the clients display of search terms. If the value is 'yes', then search words will be bolded. Otherwise they'll be left alone. Bookmarks: The bookmarks in .link format follow. For more information on the format of a .link file, consult the gopherd(8) manual page. Sample gopherrc file: map: text/plain,builtin,lpr %s map: image/gif,xv %s, Bookmarks: Type=1 Name=Bookmark #1 Host=gopher.tc.umn.edu Port=70 Path= # Type=0+ Name=textfile Host=foo.com Path=0/readme Port=70 SEE ALSO
Media Type Registration Procedure, March 1994, RFC 1590 gopher(1),gopherd(8) GOPHERRC(5)