Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compile Problem on AIX5.3
Operating Systems AIX Compile Problem on AIX5.3 Post 302116100 by porter on Tuesday 1st of May 2007 07:32:50 PM
Old 05-01-2007
I would try g++ for open-source code like this.

I thought AIX L already had an RPM package?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compile problem.

I am a newbie to unix environment and i am currently using bash. May i know how to compile a new c program. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alkyo
1 Replies

2. Programming

compile problem on aix

When compiling (a simple test program): #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/context.h> int main() { printf("Hello\n"); return 0; } on AIX 5.2 with gcc 3.2.2 from the IBM site I get the following error: /usr/include/sys/context.h:169: parse error before "sigset64_t"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

3. Programming

GNU GDB compile problem

I have to compile gnu-gdb 6.7 on HP-UX 11.11 with /usr/local/pa64/bin/gcc 64-bit compiler, but I'm having some problems during "make": ser-tcp.c: In function `net_open': ser-tcp.c:207: warning: passing arg 5 of `getsockopt' from incompatible pointer type make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX5.3TL6-07 to AIX5.3TL8-04?

Hello All, After creating lpp_source/spot from AIX 5.3TL6-07 DVD on the NIM(AIX6.1), I went online and download the fix pack for reaching TL8-04. (it was less than 200Mgegs total) then I did define a newer lpp_source530TL8-04 via a copy from the older lpp_source530TL6-07 (I diduse a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangers
2 Replies

5. AIX

smtctl in AIX5.3

Dear Members :), Curently we are migrating our AIX from 5.2.to 5.3, after migration when we check CPU through nmon it shows double in no i.e we have 8 CPU on our p570 box but nmom shows it 16 after investigation it was found that smtctl was enabled in AIX 5.3,can we disable the smtctl & what is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

6. AIX

compilation problem on powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0--Xlf

Dear all, I am not sure whether I am in the right forum, but... I am trying to compile a program on aix5.2.0.0 which requires the use of blas, lapack, blacs scalapack. I am getting the following error msg whcih I can't get rid off! ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .zhegvx ld: 0711-317... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pauli
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

8. Linux

Fortran compile problem

Hello everyone, I am trying to compile a code under fedora14.Kernel Linux 2.6.35.6-45fc14.i686-GNOME 2.32.0. I use f77,g77 and gfortran to compile but I get the same error all ways. Unsupported OPEN control item at (^) -- ACTION=, ASSOCIATEVARIABLE=, BLOCKSIZE=, BUFFERCOUNT=,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
1 Replies

9. Debian

Program compile problem (glib pkg-config)

I need to compile a program which uses glib-2.0. I installed the package libglib2.0-0 but the configure script can't find it because the libglib package doesn't provide a .pc file which pkg-config looks for. How can I resolve this? Debian 6.0 (SPARC) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem trying to compile libXres

Hello. I recently tried to build libXres from the source and I am encountering issues when trying to build from two different manners. In the first I run the configure script with ./configure --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colt
1 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)