Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a simple file based utilty for shell scripts Post 302116093 by drl on Tuesday 1st of May 2007 06:22:46 PM
Old 05-01-2007
Hi.

Using Google search for flat file database linux utility shell returns about 500K hits.

This may not be simple, but it looks interesting: http://ff-extractor.sourceforge.net/ ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Simple shell that look for a file type

Hello Everyone, I got a simple question. I'm trying to write a shell that looks for a file that arived ftp area and keeps looking until it find it. It should look for the file that begins with test and then when it finds it. It starts the wmdaten.sh shell. All i got is that it runs... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

two simple question on shell scripts....

:D my first question is how can envoke filename expansion from within a shell script.. forinstance if i execute the script and it asks for a specific directory that i would like to cd to, how can i get the script to use the same file name expension as the command line.. my second question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell scripts

hi everyone... i'm new to this shell programming and i want help with the following question... i hope someone can help me ...pls plsssssssssss ========================================================== the question ========================================================== A number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon14
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripts to grep dn in ldif file

Hi gurus out there, 1)I am using ksh, in solaris 10. 2)I have one ldif file, I need to output user DN with attributes=<some pattern> to a file. Example: dn: uid=joy,ou=People,o=abc.com,o=isp nswmExtendedUserPrefs: meAutoSign=true nswmExtendedUserPrefs: meSignature=Regards, Joy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems installing expect utilty

Hi all, I am trying to install expect utility on RHEL 5. It is showing that we also need to install tcl also in order to run it. I have downloaded expect from Tucows Tucows Download - Download Expect 5.32.1 and tcl from SourceForge.net: Downloading ... Can someone please tell me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple scripts based on file size.

Hi, I have created 3 shell scripts which has to run one by one first two shell scripts will create a .txt files...which are used by the third shell script.Now I want to create a master script and run all these in a single script. Please give a pseudo code on how to so the same. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rename files based on simple text file

Hello! New here although not completely new to Unix. I wonder how I could rename files based on the data found in a simple textfile. It goes like this: I have 4 files 1 ldfgkkfjslkdfjsldkfjsf.wav 2 nndsdflksdjf.wav 3 sdflksjdf jjsdflsdfl.wav 4 dkadsdddd.wav Textfile.txt looks like... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oortone
14 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)