Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email from script conditionally Post 302116052 by dfb500 on Tuesday 1st of May 2007 10:19:07 AM
Old 05-01-2007
Email from script conditionally

I have a script that is run from the Cron 3 times an hour, here is the cron line:

02,22,42 7-18 * * 1-5 /hci/TEST/bin/myscript.ksh TEST 1>/hci/TEST/logs/myscript.info 2>/hci/TEST/logs/myscript

I am curious as to whether the time parameters from cron, ( 02, 22, 42 etc) can be accessed from the script? The script ultimately calls an Expect script to login to a sever and if I expereince a timeout I want to send an email but only once an hour. I was thinking I could valuate the parameter of 02 and then send email only for that run. Obviously I could just check against current time but was concerned that I might be off the minute by the time the SFTP script fails. If this is an easier way to do this I am open but either way I am curious as to whether the cron line can be accessed in the script.

Thx

David

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conditionally joining lines in vi

I've done this before but I can't remember how. Too long away from vi. I want to do a search are replace, but I want the replace to be a join. Example see spot run see spot walk see spot run fast see spot hop %s/run$/<somehow perform a join with the next line>/g so the results... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifermon
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove newline character conditionally

Hi All, I have 5000 records like this Request_id|Type|Status|Priority|Ticket Submitted Date and Time|Actual Resolved Date and Time|Current Ticket Owner Group|Case final Ticket Owner Group|Customer Severity|Reported Symptom/Request|Component|Hot Topic|Reason for Missed SLA|Current Ticket... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_53933
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditionally prepending text

I am currently writing a script to compare a file list created over an FTP connection to a local directory. I have cleaned the FTP file list up so that I just have a raw list of filenames however due to the directory structure employed (both locally and on the ftp site) I need to prepend each line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dal
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get min from a column conditionally

hi, i have a file with folowing content: STORAGE PERCENTAGE FLAG: /storage_01 64% 0 /storage_02 17% 1 /storage_03 10% 0 /storage_04 50% 1 I need to get the value of STORAGE from those with FLAG=0 and which has the min PERCENTAGE i am able to get the STORAGE corresponding to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kichu
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditionally delete last X lines

delete last X lines,which start with + example file: test1 test2 remove1 remove2 one liner shell is preferred. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to conditionally replace a pattern?

Hi, How to replace only the function calls with a new name and skip the function definition and declarations. consider the following code. There are 2 functions defined here returnint and returnvoid. I need to replace returnint with giveint and returnvoid with givevoid only in the function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to conditionally replace a pattern?

Hi, How to replace only the function calls with a new name and skip the function definition and declarations. consider the following code. There are 2 functions defined here returnint and returnvoid. I need to replace returnint with giveint and returnvoid with givevoid only in the function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to conditionally display and remove first line only?

I have a maildir hierarchy of 90k eml files and; 1) I would like to walk the tree and display the first line from any file, whose first line begins with; From - That's "From space dash space" and only if it's the first seven characters, of the first line in the file. 2) I would also... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasn
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking up files conditionally

Hi I have a scenario: I have a directory say DIR1 (no sub directories) and have few files in that directory as given below: app-cnd-imp-20150820.txt app-cxyzm-imp-20150820.txt app-petco-imp-20150820.txt app-mobility-imp-20150820.txt app-mobility-imp-20150821.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
7 Replies
SCSI_READY(8)							     SG3_UTILS							     SCSI_READY(8)

NAME
scsi_ready - do SCSI TEST UNIT READY on devices SYNOPSIS
scsi_ready [--brief] [--help] [--verbose] DEVICE [DEVICE]* DESCRIPTION
This bash shell script calls the sg_turs utility on each given DEVICE. This will send a SCSI TEST UNIT READY command to each DEVICE. Disks, tape drives and DVD/BD players amongst others may respond to this SCSI command. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -b, --brief for each DEVICE given output a line containing either ' ready' or ' device not ready'. If DEVICE is not found or there is another serious error then an error message will appear instead. -h, --help print out the usage message then exit. -v, --verbose increase level or verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of this script is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise the exit status is that of the last sg_turs utility called. See the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by D. Gilbert COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
sg_turs (sg3_utils) sg3_utils-1.36 May 2013 SCSI_READY(8)