Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files Post 302116030 by ganapati on Tuesday 1st of May 2007 03:03:45 AM
Old 05-01-2007
Lightbulb

But for Oracle 10g, our job is using "SQLPLUS.SH".

What is the syntax to use "SQLPLUS.SH". Also I've to store the result of this SQLPLUS call to one variable.

RESULT=`sqlplus.sh -s $USERID_PASSWORD $SQLFILE $PARAMETER`

In the above case Iam not able to assign the result to variable and also not able to use -s option.

Could you pls suggest.

Ganapati.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle 10g

I have download Oracle 10g for Solaris and I have configurate environment than I will start runInstaller and I have a messege that my version of solaris is not 5.7 , 5.8 and 5,9 I have 5.10 Solaris version what I shoud do I have download most actuall Oracle databases. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot

Hi All, I am facing a connection problem with Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 when my application (started by /etc/rc3.d at node reboot) tries to establish a session after reboot of the node where my application is running (NCR UNIX (MP RAS)). I find that my application (run as a deamon process)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowjanya
1 Replies

4. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

6. AIX

Oracle 10g on AIX7

Hi, anyone know if Oracle Database 10g is AIX 7 certified??? thanks in advance. Regards. Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle/SQLPlus help - ksh Script calling .sql file not 'pausing' at ACCEPT, can't figure out why

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls an Oracle SQL file who in turns call another SQL file. This same SQL file has to be run against the same database but using different username and password at each loop. The first SQL file is basically a connection test and it is supposed to sort... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
stopping(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					       stopping(7)

NAME
       stopping - event signalling that a job is stopping

SYNOPSIS
       stopping JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]...

DESCRIPTION
       The stopping event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job begins stopping.  The JOB environment variable con-
       tains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs.

If the job is stopping normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job is stopping because it has failed it will
       be failed.

When  the  job  has  failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable.	This may be pre-start, post-start,
       main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job is  stopping  because  it  hit  the  respawn
       limit.

Finally	in  the  case  of  a  failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop.  Either
       EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received.
       The  normal  exit  job  configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see
       init(5) for more information.

If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed  to  spawn  (for  example,  file  not
       found).	See the system logs for the error.

init(8)	will  wait  for  all  services	started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs
       stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue stopping.

This allows jobs to depend on other jobs, safely stopping themselves before their dependency goes away.	This event is  typically  combined
       with the started(7) event by services.

Job  configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopping event.  See
       init(5) for more details.

EXAMPLE
       A service that wishes to depend on another service might use:

start on started apache
	      stop on stopping apache

A task that must be run before another task or service is stopped might use:

start on stopping postgresql RESULT=ok

SEE ALSO
       starting(7) started(7) stopped(7) init(5)

Upstart 							    2009-07-09							       stopping(7)