Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I want to copy the text output from a 'nohup.out' file. Post 302116019 by zazzybob on Monday 30th of April 2007 09:47:40 PM
Old 04-30-2007
Just scp it across from your *nix machine to your Windows machine - then open it however you require.

Cheers,
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a string to a text file

I am using the following command to email a tex file as an attachment- cat mailtext.txt | elm -s "Subject" emailAddr where content of mailtext.txt is - "Body of email" This will attach foo.txt with the email. My problem is that the file foo.txt is ceated dynamically everytime with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxlxboy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping text file of ip addressese and output to text file

I am basically a scripting noob, I have some programming logic, and I wouldn't post here if my 3 hours of searching actually found something. So far this is what I have: " #! /bin/ksh List=./pinglist1.txt cat $List | while read ip do Pingable="" ping $ip -n 2 | awk '/100%/ {print... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lasthitlarry
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

output nohup file containg the PID

Hi to everybody. Is it possible to nohup a process and redirect the output to a file containing the PID? E.g. if nohup filename > out.nohup associate the PID=8074 to filename, is it possible to call the output file something like out_8074.nohup instead of out.nohup? By this way it would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsrn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy text with ed to new file ?

Alright, so in ed i do a subsititution: ed file << 'HERE' s/.*h2.*>\(.*\)<.*/\1/p HERE This gives me my desired line: Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional! But how would i put this line in a temporary file ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy one file into another except some text

I have file input like- abc,"123",""123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123", abc,"123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123""123",abc etc Input file consists of 1000 records and i want to copy into final file except abc abc is at fixed position... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send output of a background process to a file other than nohup.out?

I have a question. I will be running a background process using nohup and & command at end. I want to send output to a file say myprocess.out. So will this command work? nohup myprocess.ksh > myprocess.out & Thanks in advance guys !!! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text and create new file

I have a directory with ~500 files that look like below. I need to copy each unique entry up until the second_ only once and put a .txt in place of the _. I am not quite sure how but have the below as a startThank you :). cp -u file1.txt "$(cat output.txt)" file1.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
NOHUP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup -- invoke a utility immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
nohup [--] utility [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The nohup utility invokes utility with its arguments and at this time sets the signal SIGHUP to be ignored. If the standard output is a ter- minal, the standard output is appended to the file nohup.out in the current directory. If standard error is a terminal, it is directed to the same place as the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin nohup command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The following variables are utilized by nohup: HOME If the output file nohup.out cannot be created in the current directory, the nohup utility uses the directory named by HOME to create the file. PATH Used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
The nohup utility exits with one of the following values: 126 The utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found or an error occurred in nohup. Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of utility. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), signal(3) STANDARDS
The nohup utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BUGS
Two or more instances of nohup can append to the same file, which makes for a confusing output. BSD
July 19, 2001 BSD