Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Using HMC to display X applications Post 302116013 by dukessd on Monday 30th of April 2007 07:49:21 PM
Old 04-30-2007
You are playing with fire.
Not supported.
That said....
You should be running the xhost + and export DISPLAY=HMCip on the LPAR not the HMC.

Last edited by dukessd; 05-01-2007 at 09:49 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hmc

Well i am right now working on an IBM P550 risc server with an HMC connected.. The server has 2 logical partitions (Lpar). both lpar is having Aix 5.3 installed. Now I have a doubt.. is it possible to have Aix in one lpar and windows 2003 in another.. cheers Bala (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

2. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

3. AIX

HMC Backup

I have a few HMC questions. Version: 7 Release: 3.3.0 Build Level: 20080421.1 Base Version: V7R3.3.0 Model Type: 7042CR4 1. What are the types of backups should be performed on the HMC in case of disaster? From what I gather in the documentation, there is a critical data backup and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXtexas
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC upgrades

Hey!!! Has anyone done HMC patch installation remotely? I would love to know if that would be possible. I have been doing through CD/DVD but hate to do the additional work of finding someone in the DC and sending him the CD's. I have seen the option to supply remote site. can that be helpful?... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. AIX

HMC uptime

Hey guys!! Was tring to figure out how to find the uptime of an HMC? Any clue Bala (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. AIX

LSSVCEVENTS [HMC]

Hi all :) two question... 1) in which file the HMC events will be stored? i talking about the log of the HMC console (lssvcevent). 2) The HMC function "Backup Critical Data" store the backup also on remote server through SFTP? In the documentation i read only FTP and NFS. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

8. AIX

HMC commands

Hi anybody know how to dynamically add a virtual ethernet to a running LPAR using the HMC CLI? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwright84
4 Replies
XON(1)							      General Commands Manual							    XON(1)

NAME
xon - start an X program on a remote machine SYNOPSIS
xon remote-host [-access] [-debug] [-name window-name] [-nols] [-screen screen-no] [-user user-name] [command ...] DESCRIPTION
Xon runs the specified command (default xterm -ls) on the remote machine using rsh, remsh, or rcmd. Xon passes the DISPLAY, XAUTHORITY and XUSERFILESEARCHPATH environment variables to the remote command. When no command is specified, xon runs 'xterm -ls'. It additionally specifies the application name to be 'xterm-remote-host' and the win- dow title to be '-fIremote-host'. Xon can only work when the remote host will allow you to log in without a password, by having an entry in the .rhosts file permitting access. OPTIONS
Note that the options follow the remote host name (as they do with rlogin). -access Runs xhost locally to add the remote host to the host access list in the X server. This won't work unless xhost is given permission to modify the access list. -debug Normally, xon disconnects the remote process from stdin, stdout and stderr to eliminate the daemon processes which usually connect them across the network. Specifying the -debug option leaves them connected so that error messages from the remote execution are sent back to the originating host. -name window-name This specifies a different application name and window title for the default command (xterm). -nols Normally xon passes the -ls option to the remote xterm; this option suspends that behaviour. -screen screen-no This changes the screen number of the DISPLAY variable passed to the remote command. -user user-name By default, xon simply uses rsh/remsh/rcmd to connect to the remote machine using the same user name as on the local machine. This option cause xon to specify an alternative user name. This will not work unless you have authorization to access the remote account, by placing an appropriate entry in the remote users .rhosts file. BUGS
Xon can get easily confused when the remote-host, user-name or various environment variable values contain white space. Xon has no way to send the appropriate X authorization information to the remote host. X Version 11 Release 6.6 XON(1)