Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Function of Javascript within Unix Network Post 302115970 by Perderabo on Monday 30th of April 2007 10:59:57 AM
Old 04-30-2007
netass and harish_raj88 both joined at about the same time and from the same cable provider. In this thread, harish_raj88 poses the same question as netass poses here. And this thread is an attempt at yet another cross-post. I will be generous and assume that we have two individuals taking the same class. Both need to review our rules since both are violating:
Quote:
(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.
And harish_raj88 should notice rules 3 and 4 as well. We do not need to know which questions you cannot answer.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

function in UNIX

Hi, I have an array of data as below: df = trx df = xml I would like to create a function which contains array inside it and the value is determined when the function is called as below: function pass_or_fail { if } ] then echo " ${df} FAILED. Please check logs" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
8 Replies

2. Programming

Unix network programming

Hi! I am working on fedora.. trying to execute BSD4.4 client-server program which includes "unp.h" header file... While executing make command, I got error like, " expected " , " , " ; ",or ")" in connect_nonb file...ERROR 1 " I tried to change mode of makefile but I can't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisha_vaghela
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button.... Code Details echo "<script type="text/javascript">" echo "function exec_refresh()" echo "{" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX function

I have a code like this v_time=12:12:12 correctTimeFlag=$(echo $v_time|awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if( $i ~ /::/){print i}}') if then echo "correct" fi I need a equivalent function to replace the line correctTimeFlag=$(echo $v_time|awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if( $i ~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies

8. Web Development

JavaScript code - UNIX grep?

Hi I am new to JavaScript & haven't done much work with it, but have mainly experience with UNIX. I have a piece of code where I want to grep (excuse the UNIX language :D) for a id and get the number from that. { "time": 900, "avail": 1, "price": 0, "datetime":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies
pthread_join(3T)														  pthread_join(3T)

NAME
pthread_join() - wait for the termination of a specified thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose termination is awaited by the caller. value_ptr Pointer to the location where the exit status of thread is returned. DESCRIPTION
The function waits for the termination of the target thread. If the target thread has already terminated, this function returns immedi- ately. Only threads created with a detachstate attribute value of may be specified in the target thread parameter. On successful return from the value_ptr argument, if it is not a null pointer, will contain the value passed to by the terminating thread. When a call returns successfully, the caller is guaranteed the target thread has terminated. If more than one thread calls for the same target thread, one thread is guaranteed to return successfully. Undefined behavior results for other callers specifying the same thread. If the thread calling is canceled, the target thread shall not be joined. The exit status of the target thread will remain available for another thread to call If the target thread was canceled, its exit status is It is unspecified whether a thread that has exited, but remains unjoined, counts against the limit. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EDEADLK] This operation would result in process deadlock or thread specifies the calling thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_join(3T)