Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting genrating pseudo random numbers Post 302115744 by hack_tom on Friday 27th of April 2007 01:32:21 AM
Old 04-27-2007
hi you can give me the script with both largest 32 signed as well as unsigned nos. . Also I want the script to be executed from file and result also dumped into a file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random numbers without repetition

Is anyone know some scripts to generate random number without repetition using bash; for example generate 10 different random numbers. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asal_email
8 Replies

2. Solaris

pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: vol0

Hi I have a system that gave me some messages on bootup that I was not used to seeing: pseudo: pseudo-device: vol0 genunix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0 these came with these: Feb 13 17:42:17 system1 eri: SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up Feb 13 17:42:21 system1sendmail: My unqualified... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random numbers from 0 to 1000

Hello All, I want to make a simple script which generate random number from 0 to 1000. and simply display it. Plz HELP!!!!!! Regards, Waqas Ahmed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Numbers - Perl

Hi Guys I have a script to find Ranomd numbers. But I want to make the file to produce more random. Could u guys help me plz. In this Script I have the code that generates random in for loop and the range I have specified in my %chromlength input and out put will be like this chrno start end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random numbers

Hi, I am having trouble with generating random numbers. can this be done with awk? So I have a file that looks like this: 23 30 24 40 26 34 So column1 is start and column2 is end. I want to generate 3 random #'s between start and stop: So the output will look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
9 Replies

6. Programming

Random numbers in parent/child?

Hi I'm trying to generate random numbers both in parent process and the child process. But I get the same random number in both processes. Why doesn't it generate different numbers altough I seed random number generator? Here's my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a random string of numbers

Hi Can someone help me with this one? I have string.. (PROC_PROC_ID == 12183) <--PID is dynamic and i want to replace the PID number with whatever PID from /opt/hpws/apache32_2/logs/httpd.pid file. i'm having problem since the PID on the string is dynamic. It may be 2-5 digits or more. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Ftp pseudo random file

I have a script that generates a file which is my own incarnation of a date using the 'date' function (we'll call this script a). I would like that script to invoke my other script (script b) which contains my ftp info. Since I have yet to figure out a good way to use regular ftp (yes i can only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Random numbers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Write a shell script that will take the sum of two random number? Ex: Random n1 +Random n2 = result i tries to write it but i had some dufficulties ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
3 Replies
times(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)