Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to extend a vg on the same disk Post 302115692 by pedro_lezaeta on Thursday 26th of April 2007 12:55:55 PM
Old 04-26-2007
how to extend a vg on the same disk

on the disk array (EMC Clariion cx300):
we added 3 disk and extended the LUN corresponding to HP-9000 (rp7410)

on HP-UX 11.11:
diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0, show more disk space, but
vgdisplay vg13 does not show more space

So the problem is the disk had increased, but vgdisplay does not show this biggest size
how to extend the space on vg13

regards
Pedro
email address removed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Extend a Filesystem with other LV

Hi Everybody, Is it possible to extend a Filesystem by adding a new LV that exist on different VG to this Filesystem? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
6 Replies

2. Solaris

How to extend a filesystem

I am running solaris 10 with Veritas. I want to extend a filesystem. It's an oracle partition (/ora12). How can I find out if there is space available to expand the filesystem and then how does one extend it. I'm from the HPUX world and so LVM was always how I did things. Thanks jackie (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Can't extend lv

Hi, I have recently increased the size of my pv and I am now attempting to increase the lv but I get the following error: # vgdisplay --- Volume group --- VG Name VolGroup00 System ID Format lvm2 Metadata Areas 1 Metadata... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
7 Replies

4. AIX

How to extend mirrored VG?

Hi all, I need to extend a lv, but unfortunately I do not have enough space on my mirrored Volume group. I've planned to add 2 more disks to this vg (for mirroring) But ... what's the next steps to extend my lv using these 2 disks with a valid mirroring ? 1. extendvg myvg disk1 disk2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris x86 extend disk

hi all! i extend disk on SPARC solaris without problems, but with x86 Solaris 10 i have some troubles . Help pls iostat show me updated disk size, but in format i can't choose Auto configure options to use modified slice # iostat -E c0d1 cmdk1 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijj
4 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to extend disk space?

Hi All, I am working with a virtual machine of redhat and hard-disk is 100g in all, and the system free size is about 60g. while the problem is when i run command: df -h, the root path seems already full. So i am wondering, is there any command i can work with to extend space for mounted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivyyoung
2 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to extend LV

Hi all. I have a Logical volume that I can't extend, with this error message: server171:root:/root# lvextend -L +1024M -v /dev/aplic_vg/siteminderwa_lv Finding volume group aplic_vg Archiving volume group "aplic_vg" metadata (seqno 75). Extending logical volume siteminderwa_lv to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabriander
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is it possible to extend PV

Hello, I have redhat and centos systems that I've only been able to grow the VG by adding more disks. I've been searching the web for a way to extend a volume group by growing the physical disk only and not having to add a second disk. Is it possible? I can do this with AIX, by just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
VGDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGDISPLAY(8)

NAME
vgdisplay - display attributes of volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgdisplay [-A|--activevolumegroups] [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-D|--disk] [-h|--help] [-s|--short] [-v[v]|--verbose [--verbose]] [--ver- sion] [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgdisplay allows you to see the attributes of VolumeGroupName (or all volume groups if none is given) with it's physical and logical vol- umes and their sizes etc. OPTIONS -A, --activevolumegroups Only select the active volume groups. -c, --colon Generate colon seperated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. The values are: 1 volume group name 2 volume group access 3 volume group status 4 internal volume group number 5 maximum number of logical volumes 6 current number of logical volumes 7 open count of all logical volumes in this volume group 8 maximum logical volume size 9 maximum number of physical volumes 10 current number of physical volumes 11 actual number of physical volumes 12 size of volume group in kilobytes 13 physical extent size 14 total number of physical extents for this volume group 15 allocated number of physical extents for this volume group 16 free number of physical extents for this volume group 17 uuid of volume group -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -D, --disk Show attributes from the volume group descriptor area on disk(s). Without this switch they are shown from the kernel. Useful if the volume group isn't activated. -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -s, --short Give a short listing showing the existence of volume groups. -v, --verbose Display verbose information containing long listings of physical and logical volumes. If given twice, also display verbose runtime information of vgdisplay's activities. --version Display version and exit successfully. DIAGNOSTICS
vgdisplay returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 error reading VGDA 2 volume group doesn't exist 3 not all physical volumes of volume group online 4 volume group not found 5 no volume groups found at all 6 error reading VGDA from lvmtab 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), vgcreate(8), lvcreate(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS VGDISPLAY(8)