Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Installing and using openSSH on SCO 5.0.6 Post 302115691 by PinkLemonade on Thursday 26th of April 2007 12:36:09 PM
Old 04-26-2007
Question Installing and using openSSH on SCO 5.0.6

I have a few resources that I have read that show what I need, openSSL and zlib of one version or another to get openSSH to work to start.

Here is my dilemma to start, I will need to compile the source for the openSS* and the zlib, but when I type "make" into the command prompt I get "make: not found". There is also no man pages for it either, the make anyways.

I have all of the source downloaded and can move it to the SCO box, but if I don't have make, what would I do with it? Should I get GNU C++ compiler? This is the first hurdle. I also have to do this for 5.0.5, 5.0.4, and I think older like 5.0.2 or something.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be doing with the source, or if there is distribution from SCO for openSSH, openSSL, or zlib. (I don't have any contact with SCO without payment and it has never been approved any other time I have asked for it.) But I was thinking zlib or an equivalent was already on the SCO boxes, or at the very least got that impression when I was reading the documentation on zlib its variants and stuff like that. So I might not need that program "zlib", but it would be great to know.

Is there something I can add from the SCO install CD ROM to accomplish some if this, I have read about some 5.0.7 updates that have older or compatible system files in them for this sort of thing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing openssh v2.9-p2

I am trying to install openssh v2.9-p2 on Solaris 8. I already installed zlib and openssl, as required in INSTALL file. But when I issue ./configure to configure openssh v2.9-p2 for my platform ( I got the sources), it stops in the folowing message: checking for OpenSSL directory... configure:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing nic on sco 5.0.5

How do I install an intel nic on sco 5.0.5 it did not detect when i installed the program:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: recono1
2 Replies

3. SCO

Installing informix SE at sco 5.0.6

Dear Sir, We are using sco 5.0.6 version. we need to install the informix database standard engine(SE) into this server. Kindly give me detailed instruction of preconfiguration( e.g. path) of sco 5.0.6 server. Kind Regards, Mostafizur Rahman (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahmanm
1 Replies

4. SCO

Installing RMCOBOL on SCO UNIX

Hello there, I have a rather big question, I need to install RMCOBOL on SCO, but i've got absolutely no idea of how to do it, I'm currently installing a server with SCO but the guys forgot to mention that they also wanted the rmcobol thingy... i've been looking on the internet but i cant find a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
1 Replies

5. SCO

HELP SCO 5.07 and Installing Apache Tomcat 4.01

I need to install Apache TOmcat 4.01 on SCO Openserver 5.07 rather than using the default 4.1.29 version which comes with the original release of 5.07 anyone got any ideas hw to go about this, really struggling having downloaded the source and binariys and getting nowhere fast (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccarcher
0 Replies

6. SCO

Problem while installing Unixware 7 SCO

Hi All, I just tried to intall Unix ware SCO version 7 on my computer but when system first boots from the CD The terminal Emulator does not shows texts in correct form; it shows all the text in Obnoxious form which is unable to read. I have ATI Radeon 9000 Graphics card installed on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monster12
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing openSSH 3.5p1 on Solaris 5.6

Hello, I have installed OpenSSH_3.5p1 On Solaris 5.6. Specifically, I have installed these packages: OBSDssh-3.5p1-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg DJBdaemon-0.76-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg ANDIrand-0.7-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg All three packages have installed successfully. From this point, I can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucker8
8 Replies

8. SCO

Need help installing Bash in SCO

Hi am Running SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 am i cant stand the shell that comes with, i downloaded the source for bash and the uncompressed it. I run the:- ./configure and that went through with no issues I then ran make that also went through fine with no errors. But when i ran make install i got... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Han.nlo
1 Replies

9. SCO

Installing sco unix

How I install sco unix 5.02 on hard disk ide. I have cd-rom scsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terence
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
GV(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             GV(1)

NAME
gv - Postscript and PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
gv [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
PostScript and PDF viewer. [-]-monochrome display document using only black and white [-]-grayscale display document without colors [-]-color display document as usual [-]-safer start ghostscript in safe mode [-]-nosafer do not start ghostscript in safe mode [-]-safedir start ghostscript from a safe diretory [-]-nosafedir do not start ghostscript from a safe diretory [-]-quiet start ghostscript with the -dQUIET option [-]-noquiet do not start ghostscript with the -dQUIET option [-]-infoSilent do not show any messages in the info popup window [-]-infoErrors do not show warning messages in the info popup window [-]-infoAll do show all messages in the info popup window [-]-arguments=ARGS start ghostscript with additional options as specified by the string ARGS [-]-page=LABEL display the page with label LABEL first [-]-center the page should be centered automatically [-]-nocenter the page should not be centered automatically [-]-media=MEDIA selects the paper size to be used [-]-orientation=ORIENTATION sets the orientation of the page [-]-scale=N|f.f selects the scale N, or arbitrary scale f.f [-]-scalebase=N selects the scale base N [-]-swap interchange the meaning of the orientations landscape and seascape [-]-noswap do not interchange the meaning of the orientation landscape and seascape [-]-antialias use antialiasing [-]-noantialias do not use antialiasing [-]-dsc dsc comments are respected [-]-nodsc dsc comments are not respected [-]-eof ignore the postscript EOF comment while scanning documents [-]-noeof do not ignore the postscript EOF comment while scanning documents [-]-pixmap use backing pixmap [-]-nopixmap do not use backing pixmap [-]-watch watch the document file for changes [-]-nowatch do not watch the document file for changes [-]-help print a help message and exit [-]-usage print a usage message and exit [-]-resize fit the size of the window to the size of the page [-]-noresize do not fit the size of the window to the size of the page -geometry [<width>][x<height>][{+-}<xoffset>{+-}<yoffset>] [-]-ad=FILE read and use additional resources from FILE [-]-style=FILE read and use additional resources from FILE. These resources have lower priority than those provided on the context of --ad [-]-password=PASSWORD Sets the password for opening encrypted PDF files [-]-spartan shortcut for --style=gv_spartan.dat [-]-widgetless shortcut for --style=gv_widgetless.dat [-]-fullscreen start in fullscreen mode (needs support from WM) [-]-presentation Presentation mode (fullscreen, Fit to window, widgetless and no resizing of window) [-]-version show gv version and exit SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gv programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info gv should give you access to the complete manual. gv 3.7.3 November 2011 GV(1)