Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging files belonging to same date in a directory Post 302115677 by rkaarthikeyan4u on Thursday 26th of April 2007 10:18:48 AM
Old 04-26-2007
Question Merging files belonging to same date in a directory

Hi,

I want to merge files which belong to the same date in a directory.
For ex:

The below two files are modified on 24 Apr 2007.

SystemOut.log
SystemOut_07.04.24_19.46.40.log

The merged file should be of the format SystemOut.log.2007.04.24

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to look in directory for files with diff date

What kind of command can i use to search a directory and subdirectories for all files that do not have the same date? i want to find any files that do not match a date of Sep 13, 2002? Or that have a different owner or group? Any help appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating date directory and moving files into that directory

I have list of files named file_username_051208_025233.log. Here 051208 is the date and 025233 is the time.I have to run thousands of files daily.I want to put all the files depending on the date of running into a date directory.Suppose if we run files today they should put into 05:Dec:08... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi030
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort a set of files by date in a directory?

hi there, I have a directory which contents I can parse dynamically. I end up with a file list. I then want to display those files sorted by date, oldest files first. I have very very little PERL experience...Would anyone know how to do that ? Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexf
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files in a directory modified on a date

Hi How to list all the files in a directory that are modified on a particular date? Also need to know the count,i.e number of files modified on a particular date. Thanks Ashok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging all (48) CSV files from a directory

I have 48 csv files in my directory that all have this form: Storm Speed (mph),43.0410781151 Storm motion direction (degrees),261.580774982 MLCAPE,2450.54098661 MLCIN,-9.85040520279 MLLCL,230 MLLFC,1070.39871 MLEL,207.194689294 MLCT,Not enough data Sbcape,2203.97617778... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RissaR
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files to a directory according to date

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameter: $date1 based on the date i need to select three files starting with audit.log* based on its modified date, a date before, a date after(if its exists). We need to compare the input date to modified date of the file. And then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashrocks
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs to delete particular date files in a directory

Hi Guys, I need help on deleting particular date files in a directory. I have to delete thousands of files with respect to particular date. Could anyone help on this to delete particular date files at a time? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teddy2882
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the files in a directory for the given date (User entered date)

Need a ksh script to get the files that were created or modified in a directory on a particular date entered by the user. For example if a directory contains files as below : > ll total 41 -rw-rw-r-- 1 psn psn 199 Aug 23 07:06 psn_roll.sh -rw-rw-r-- 1 psn psn ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies
GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)						    Git Manual						      GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)

NAME
git-fmt-merge-msg - Produce a merge commit message SYNOPSIS
git fmt-merge-msg [-m <message>] [--log[=<n>] | --no-log] git fmt-merge-msg [-m <message>] [--log[=<n>] | --no-log] -F <file> DESCRIPTION
Takes the list of merged objects on stdin and produces a suitable commit message to be used for the merge commit, usually to be passed as the <merge-message> argument of git merge. This command is intended mostly for internal use by scripts automatically invoking git merge. OPTIONS
--log[=<n>] In addition to branch names, populate the log message with one-line descriptions from the actual commits that are being merged. At most <n> commits from each merge parent will be used (20 if <n> is omitted). This overrides the merge.log configuration variable. --no-log Do not list one-line descriptions from the actual commits being merged. --[no-]summary Synonyms to --log and --no-log; these are deprecated and will be removed in the future. -m <message>, --message <message> Use <message> instead of the branch names for the first line of the log message. For use with --log. -F <file>, --file <file> Take the list of merged objects from <file> instead of stdin. CONFIGURATION
merge.branchdesc In addition to branch names, populate the log message with the branch description text associated with them. Defaults to false. merge.log In addition to branch names, populate the log message with at most the specified number of one-line descriptions from the actual commits that are being merged. Defaults to false, and true is a synonym for 20. merge.summary Synonym to merge.log; this is deprecated and will be removed in the future. EXAMPLE
$ git fetch origin master $ git fmt-merge-msg --log <$GIT_DIR/FETCH_HEAD Print a log message describing a merge of the "master" branch from the "origin" remote. SEE ALSO
git-merge(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)