Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem sending mail
Operating Systems AIX Problem sending mail Post 302115541 by Netghost on Wednesday 25th of April 2007 10:49:37 AM
Old 04-25-2007
Problem sending mail

Everytime i try sending mails using the command line have a reply form the daemon saying :

? 1
Message 1:
From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Apr 25 10:42:36 2007
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500
To: malarie
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;
boundary="KAA31348.1177515756/vinson.processia.com"
Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

This is a MIME-encapsulated message

--KAA31348.1177515756/vinson.processia.com

The original message was received at Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500
from malarie@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
malarie@processia.com

--- The transcript of the session follows ---
... while talking to smtp.globetrotter.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<malarie@vinson.processia.com>
<<< 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed
554 malarie@processia.com... Service unavailable

Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; vinson.processia.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500

Final-Recipient: RFC822; malarie@processia.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; smtp.globetrotter.net
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allo
wed
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500

Content-Type: message/rfc822

Return-Path: <malarie>
Received: (from malarie@localhost)
by vinson.processia.com (AIX4.3/8.9.3/8.9.3) id KAA28252
for malarie@processia.com; Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500
Message-Id: <200704251542.KAA28252@vinson.processia.com>
To: malarie@processia.com
Subject: testing

--KAA31348.1177515756/vinson.processia.com--
=========================================================

Any ideas??

We changed our registrar last week, I think this is causing some problems.
I was using NS61.WORLDNIC.COM and since we are now hostin our website with bluhost, i had to change to NS1.BLUEHOST.COM but i still have the same ISP...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a problem in sending mail

Hi, I have a problem in sending mail ...... #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file_length = `cat file.txt | wc -l`; if ( $file_length == 0) {} else { `mail -s "Tool" <mymailid> < file.txt`; } Eventhough i have used `uuencode Mailfile$App_Server$line | mail <mymailid>`;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I have a problem in sending mail

Hi, I have a problem in sending mail ...... #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file_length = `cat file.txt | wc -l`; if ( $file_length == 0) {} else { `mail -s "Tool" <mymailid> < file.txt`; } Eventhough i have used `uuencode Mailfile$App_Server$line | mail <mymailid>`;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem sending mail to outlook

i'm a avid fan of making the output of my scripts look pretty. so as a result i put in my scripts a lot of lines that are formed by either ****** or ======= now, outlook seems to have a problem with that. it always removes something that it calls "line breakers" from the emails my scripts send... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while sending mail with attachements

Hi All, I am using mailx command in shell script to send mail with output files as attachment to my email id. When my colleague is running the shell script (script code mentioned below), he is getting the mail but without attachment. Attachment is appeared as junk characters in mail... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishant_pathak_
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sending E-Mail

Im having trouble with sending a file with attachment. The attach file wasn't sent to to the recepient. We tested this manually and it works but with the script it doesn't work. I'm thinking there is a problem with the script. Here is the code: mailto=`/dir/dir2/dir3/GET_EMAIL_ADDR.sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iq_zero
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Sending mail as an attachment

Hi, I need to send a email as a txt file and i used the commands, (echo `echo $EMAIL_MSG` ; uuencode "file.txt" "file.txt" ) | mailx -s "$EMAIL_SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ID" I received email with a attachment with all data but i get all of them in one row. For example: If file.txt contains value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending mail with attachment

Hi Team, I have written the following code snippet to send mail with attachment to recipient. But I am getting mail with attachment. But the file is empty. All the 3 Attachment* size is more than 80KB. Not sure what is wrong in the command. MSG_BODY1="hi" LOG_FILE="a/b/c/log1.log"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Troubleshoot the mail sending problem?

I am trying to send a mail through terminal from last week still now I can't able to send it.If there is any resolution Please help me out of this problem.It is very urgent . mail -s "check" upload.xxx@example.com < /root/mail.txt # tail -15 /var/log/maillog Sep 19 16:52:04 edms032... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
15 Replies
SHOWQ(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SHOWQ(8)

NAME
showq - list the Postfix mail queue SYNOPSIS
showq [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The showq(8) daemon reports the Postfix mail queue status. It is the program that emulates the sendmail `mailq' command. The showq(8) daemon can also be run in stand-alone mode by the superuser. This mode of operation is used to emulate the `mailq' command while the Postfix mail system is down. SECURITY
The showq(8) daemon can run in a chroot jail at fixed low privilege, and takes no input from the client. Its service port is accessible to local untrusted users, so the service can be susceptible to denial of service attacks. STANDARDS
None. The showq(8) daemon does not interact with the outside world. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8). CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
Changes to main.cf are picked up automatically as showq(8) processes run for only a limited amount of time. Use the command "postfix reload" to speed up a change. The text below provides only a parameter summary. See postconf(5) for more details including examples. config_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The default location of the Postfix main.cf and master.cf configuration files. daemon_timeout (18000s) How much time a Postfix daemon process may take to handle a request before it is terminated by a built-in watchdog timer. duplicate_filter_limit (1000) The maximal number of addresses remembered by the address duplicate filter for aliases(5) or virtual(5) alias expansion, or for showq(8) queue displays. empty_address_recipient (MAILER-DAEMON) The recipient of mail addressed to the null address. ipc_timeout (3600s) The time limit for sending or receiving information over an internal communication channel. max_idle (100s) The maximum amount of time that an idle Postfix daemon process waits for an incoming connection before terminating voluntarily. max_use (100) The maximal number of incoming connections that a Postfix daemon process will service before terminating voluntarily. process_id (read-only) The process ID of a Postfix command or daemon process. process_name (read-only) The process name of a Postfix command or daemon process. queue_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The location of the Postfix top-level queue directory. syslog_facility (mail) The syslog facility of Postfix logging. syslog_name (see 'postconf -d' output) The mail system name that is prepended to the process name in syslog records, so that "smtpd" becomes, for example, "postfix/smtpd". FILES
/var/spool/postfix, queue directories SEE ALSO
pickup(8), local mail pickup service cleanup(8), canonicalize and enqueue mail qmgr(8), queue manager postconf(5), configuration parameters master(8), process manager syslogd(8), system logging LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA SHOWQ(8)