Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting send mail after script finishes running Post 302115513 by rein on Wednesday 25th of April 2007 08:22:06 AM
Old 04-25-2007
or use a log parser, this may work if changing the logging statements in your scripts isn't possible.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Able to send mail without running MTA (sendmail)?

Hi, I am facing a (for me and coworkers) strange behaviour. When I stop sendmail on a plain AIX 5.3 testing box (there is definetly no sendmail process left running anymore), I am still able to send mails to remote addresses via the mail command. I tried that on another box which is not a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help-send mail script

Hi, I have written one script for sending mails with attachment. currently its working for only one recipient. I want to send mails to n number of users by taking user input i.e number of users. Output of current script: Enter how many files : 1 Enter First Name : kiran E-Mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send mail !!

Hi Experts.. i have created a table with the fields, empid name mailid 1 raja raja@xy.com and entered the values of all persons who are in that file... i have a .csv file date shift1 shift2 6/6/2011 ram raja Now i want a script that could fetch the data in (input file .csv file) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cratercrabs
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to send the mail through perl script

I have written small piece of code to send mail through perl script.Below is the code.I have executed it as # perl perlmail.pl and the code got executed with no errors. Still have not received any mail. Also I have installed Mail::send module from CPAN directly but no luck. Could any mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep the 'not running' jobs and will send the update in mail with its name(job)

my request is: i have to create a script , which will grep the 'not running' jobs and will send the update in mail with its name(job) Scenario: logged in to machine abc went to particular path: cd /a/b/c then ./script1.sh status (script.sh is a script,whose status gives info about 10 jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner987
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need to send mail only when the job is not running

I have set up a cron, which will send the mail with not runnnig jobs in the script.sh 15,30,45 * * * * /a/b/c/script.sh | grep not | mail -s "test mail" learner987@gmail.com But i dont want mail when all the jobs are running, but with the above cron i will get mails without the content(if all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner987
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
FILTER_MYSQLBINLOG(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    FILTER_MYSQLBINLOG(1p)

NAME
filter_mysqlbinlog - Trimming ROLLBACK statements and equivalent BINLOG events added by mysqlbinlog. This script is now obsolete. SYNOPSIS
mysqlbinlog binary_or_relay_log_file | filter_mysqlbinlog Note that this script is now obsolete and not used by MHA by default. DESCRIPTION
mysqlbinlog command provided by Oracle implicitly adds ROLLBACK statements and equivalent BINLOG events. But this causes problems when recovering slave servers. To recover slaves, MHA might need to apply the following binlog events. 1) Relay log events from Relay_Log_Pos to the end of the relay log file 2) Differential relay log events from the latest slave 3) Differential binary log events from the dead master mysqlbinlog command needs to be executed on these files separately. If a transaction does not end by 1) or 2), implicit ROLLBACK event rolls back the transaction, which will result in inconsistency. filter_mysqlbinlog is a tool to fix this issue. Note that ROLLBACK statements themselves are added in usual situations. For example, when you execute 1. BEGIN; 2. Updating transactional tables 3. Updating non-transactional tables 4. ROLLBACK, a ROLLBACK statement is written to the binary log to rollback transactional queries. This is normal situation so filter_mysqlbinlog must not remove all ROLLBACK events. Note that this script is now obsolete and not used by MHA by default. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-08 FILTER_MYSQLBINLOG(1p)