Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tsm client (basic question)
Operating Systems Linux tsm client (basic question) Post 302115388 by karthikosu on Tuesday 24th of April 2007 11:12:25 AM
Old 04-24-2007
tsm client (basic question)

Hello, i was trying to install tsm client on a linux box(i386)
I get asked for a lot of dependent filesets. I dont have the cd? how can i get these?? is there a way to copy these from a server which has it? and how do i check if a server has it? rpm -qa|grep fileset??

pls advice
[root@SWNHAMVM02 tmp]# rpm -ivh TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
TIVsm-API >= 5.2.5 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libApiDS.so is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libct_cu.so is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libct_cu.so(Base) is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libdmapi.so is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libgpfs.so is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libha_gs_r.so is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libha_gs_r.so(Base) is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libICE.so.6 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libSM.so.6 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libX11.so.6 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libXext.so.6 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libXpm.so.4 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libXp.so.6 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0
libXt.so.6 is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.2.5-0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

I have some basic doubts. Can someone clarify in this forum? 1)if then eval ' tset -s -Q -m ':?hp' ' else eval ' tset -s -Q ' what does it exactly mean in .profile? 2) what are 'nobody' and 'noaccess' usernames in /etc/passwd file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

hey...when i type who...what does "pts" field mean??? eg pts 0 etc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urwannabefriend
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very Basic Question

How to know if my AIX 5.2 is running at 64bits? THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really basic question....

Hello all. Let me start off by saying I know a little more then it seems by me asking this question... here goes I have an old 486 box and I want to start messing around with unix. I've been taking classes for 3 or 4 years in c programming in unix, so I am used to the commands and such, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robherms
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Basic OS question

Could someone tell me the command to find out the OS version which will give 12 character not the 9 characters(which is usually machine id). uname -i gives machine id and uname -a is more comprehensive way to look. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic question

hi, I have a basic question,, i am in a directory called /intas/OCU_3.9.1/sbin ocuut1@france>mv itsa_tcs itsa_tcs_old mv: itsa_tcs_old: rename: Permission denied i am logging as the owner of the file. when i am doing this i am getting the above error of permission denied. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic nc question

i'm doing this in one terminal: nc -lu 7402 and it appears to start listening properly, then in another i do this: echo "hello" | nc -u localhost 7402 and nothing happens on the listening terminal - what am i doing wrong? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterworth
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Jumpstart basic question

Hello All, Do I really need to add the install server name in the /etc/hosts file? Why do we need to add? If I don't add it is not working. Isn't it only arp/rarp works here? I thought it works in mac address level. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Newbie question

Hey guys I searched for this for the past few hours but maybe I dont know what the heck I am searching for. I am looking how to locate my .profile and where the heck I can find it to be able to edit it. Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koopa_Troopa
11 Replies
CREATE_MAKEFILES()														CREATE_MAKEFILES()

NAME
create_makefiles - Recreates all Makefiles beneath a directory SYNOPSIS
create_makefiles [dir] DESCRIPTION
create_makefiles recreates all Makefiles in dir and its (recursed) subdirectories from the corresponding Makefile.am templates. This script must be run from the toplevel directory (the one containing configure). This script saves time compared to re-running configure completely. If the source directory is different from the build directory (see the environment variables below), it will be assumed that each Makefile.am and Makefile.in belongs beneath the source directory and that each Makefile belongs beneath the build directory. This utility is part of the KDE Software Development Kit. ENVIRONMENT
One of the following variables (but not both) should be set if the source directory is different from the build directory. If the build directory is simply a subdirectory of the source directory, the simpler variable OBJ_SUBDIR should be used. OBJ_SUBJDIR Indicates that the build directory is in the given subdirectory of the source directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk and the build directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_SUBDIR should be set to obj-i386-linux. OBJ_REPLACEMENT A sed expression that is used to transform the source directory into the build directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_REPLACEMENT should be set to s#kdesdk#kdesdk-obj#. SEE ALSO
create_makefile(1) make(2) AUTHORS
create_makefiles was written by David Faure<faure@kde.org>. This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton<bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). CREATE_MAKEFILES()