Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netbackup on Solaris 8
Operating Systems Solaris Netbackup on Solaris 8 Post 302115367 by civic2005 on Tuesday 24th of April 2007 06:59:40 AM
Old 04-24-2007
Netbackup on Solaris 8

Hi,

Anyone know netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8 .

Currently I use root to perform backup / monitoring ...etc .
Can I create a user call "backup" and perform the same task
What permission should I give the "backup" user .

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup question

Hello, I am setting up scripts to do shadow image backups but have found a pitfall I cannot figure out how to work around. Basically what I need to figure out is how to launch a bunch of bpbackups, and then have the script pause until all of the children have exited. The problem is that bpbackup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Netbackup Installation

Hello all. I have a HP-UX 11.11 system that I need to install Netbackup 6.5 onto. After I mount the cd drive and run the 'install' command, it comes back with the following error: usage: install file WHAT options is it talking about? When I look at the documentation from Netbackup, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

remotely Install netbackup on solaris

Hello - Could you please let me know where do I get the installer for installing netbackup on solaris 10 X86 ? along with the instructions? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchpan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup 6 Question

What is the command to find out if a policy has been run and if it has the date it was last run? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Netbackup Client Issue in Solaris 8

We have a Solaris 8 machine which is a Netbackup 5.0 clinet. Backups have been running fine. Today I see in dmesg that "bpcd/tcp: bind: Address already in use" error bpcd which is backup clinet deamon listens on port 13782 as stated in /etc/services when I do $ netstat -an|grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to configure netbackup client in Solaris 9 & 10

Hi Experts Though I am aware that I am asking some thing which I should not ask here, however I am sure that there are many who must be have configure netback client in solaris 9 and 10. Please help /direct me towards some link as how and what all is required to configure Veritas... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Netbackup Solaris Client confirmation

Greetings, I have a bunch of Solaris servers that are running Netbackup as a client. I set them up and my backup admin has confirmed that they are being backed up. But what I want to be able to do is run a command from each Solaris client to see some proof from the client side that the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
1 Replies
DB2BAK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DB2BAK(8)

NAME
db2bak - Directory Server script for making a backup of the database SYNOPSIS
db2bak [archivedir] [-Z serverID] [-q] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Creates a backup of the database. This script can be executed while the server is running or stopped. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: archivedir The full path to the directory to store the backup. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -q Quiet mode. Reduces output of task. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
db2bak -Z instance2 Makes a backup of the entire database for 'instance2', and stores it in the default server instance backup directory. db2bak /LDAP/backups/20130305 Creates a backup of the database and stores it in specified location. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
db2bak was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 DB2BAK(8)