Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Howto setup terminal connection Solaris10? Post 302115313 by XNOR on Tuesday 24th of April 2007 12:22:14 AM
Old 04-24-2007
Tools Howto setup terminal connection Solaris10?

Hello,
Which services and daemons are used in Solaris in order to connect to Solaris10 from windows-Reflection ?

Please just give me a brief information, I can read details from other resources.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup X connection

I am running on a linux in my company's main site. Sometimes I need to access to a server in another site and run some x-applications. I tried to SSH to that server, but had difficulty setting up the correct DISPLAY variable. I used "who" to list the users and got something like:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjohn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminal connection

Hello, I've a Solaris10 installed on a x86 based pc and want to connect via lan by using Windows&Reflection. To Set up a terminal connection to Solaris10, which services should I run on Solaris? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet setup on solaris10

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how to setup internet on solaris10, b72? I own an airtel broadband, with a beetel 220BXI modem. I am new to solaris so was wondering as to how it can be done? Thanks (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10 on vmware - Internet connection failed

Installed Sun Solaris 10 (5/09) on vmware 6.0 but system is not connecting to internet. when I check "ipconfig /all" I do not get any DNS Suffix name -- neither for vmnet1 and vmnet8 nor for local ethernet IP. Default gateways are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 1. Created /etc/resolv.conf domain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnjerry
1 Replies

6. AIX

SSH Connection setup

Hi there, I would like to setup an ssh connection between the aix and the mainframes server. I would like to setup a script such that it wont ask the password every time when i try to connect the mainframes server from my unix box. If you guys provide the sample script that would really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: overnight
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help to setup Central server for Solaris10.

Hi Experts, In our env, we have around 100 more solaris 8,9,10 servers, we quaterly apply patches & emergency fixes, for this we take prior OS Ufsdump bkp, In order to reduce the efforts to go DC & load each time the tapes on all servers & take the ufsdump backup, we planned to set up a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fizan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup Oracle connection inside shell script?

Hi, We have Oracle Connection parameters set up in file name "TESTDB" at location /abc/etc.When I try to run my shell script it does not connect to Oracle database. Please let me know how "TESTDB" file can be called inside script. ####################### Setting the directories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setup sftp connection

To set up a sftp connection between Server A, Server B and a website.com A batch script will start from Server A and Server B and Connect to the Website server How to setup sftp connection between server's. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
1 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)