Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: who - PC Computer name
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users who - PC Computer name Post 302115232 by gefa on Monday 23rd of April 2007 08:54:19 AM
Old 04-23-2007
who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Computer Does NOT Ping

Hi, I cannot ping my IP address on the following settings and was wondering if anyone knows a solution to make the computer pingable. Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3 Wireless Router DLINK DSL-G604Tv2 Wireless Connection Windows Firewall - disabled completely by "stopped in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmc10
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first computer?

Hey, the What Do You Do for a Living thread got me thinking about this. My first "computer" was a Timex Sinclair that I built from a kit. I also spent many hours painstakingly programming a Commodore Vic20 to display graphics and sound (and save them on that slooooow tape drive). My first "real"... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
26 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
ddi_dev_is_sid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dev_is_sid(9F)

NAME
ddi_dev_is_sid - tell whether a device is self-identifying SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dev_is_sid(dev_info_t *dip); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip A pointer to the device's dev_info structure. DESCRIPTION
ddi_dev_is_sid() tells the caller whether the device described by dip is self-identifying, that is, a device that can unequivocally tell the system that it exists. This is useful for drivers that support both a self-identifying as well as a non-self-identifying variants of a device (and therefore must be probed). RETURN VALUES
DDI_SUCCESS Device is self-identifying. DDI_FAILURE Device is not self-identifying. CONTEXT
ddi_dev_is_sid() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
1 ... 2 int 3 bz_probe(dev_info_t *dip) 4 { 5 ... 6 if (ddi_dev_is_sid(dip) == DDI_SUCCESS) { 7 /* 8 * This is the self-identifying version (OpenBoot). 9 * No need to probe for it because we know it is there. 10 * The existence of dip && ddi_dev_is_sid() proves this. 11 */ 12 return (DDI_PROBE_DONTCARE); 13 } 14 /* 15 * Not a self-identifying variant of the device. Now we have to 16 * do some work to see whether it is really attached to the 17 * system. 18 */ 19 ... SEE ALSO
probe(9E) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 24 Oct 1991 ddi_dev_is_sid(9F)