Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 partition - compression Post 302115205 by civic2005 on Monday 23rd of April 2007 05:13:27 AM
Old 04-23-2007
Solaris 8 partition - compression

Thanks for you fast response

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

re-partition disks on solaris

hi all, i was wondering if i have some volume manager and i want to format all partitions/disks and re-create new slices can i use regular format command or what? i think veritas volume manager is already installed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to access a solaris partition

Hi, I have the present scenario on a x86 machine. fdisk c0d0p0 Cylinders Partition Status Type Start End Length % 1 Active Solaris2 1 2500 2500 61 2 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to merge solaris partition

I m using solaris 8. I have some free space on my hard disk. I want to merge that space into /export/home. Please tell me complete procedure for doing it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get a mail when the partition reaches 75% in solaris

Hi Every one, I am new to Solaris and i want to know how to get a mail when the partition reaches certain Ex-75% percentage, and how to write shell script. I hope some one will help me. Thanks and Regards, Venkatesh. ##edit#by#moderator## don't post your email address here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Solaris Partition, I cant see it

Hi All, First post, I work as database developer (Oracle) My task is to setup a solaris system on a VMware installation which sits on a x86 server. I have installed the Os, applied patches (I think) and on VMWARE I added new hardware (Disk) which is where my database will be. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Disabling Solaris 10 active partition

I have a dual boot system with windows xp and solaris 10 running. Solaris 10 is currently in the primary active partision. If it's possible, how do I make the windows partision the primary active one rather than solaris 10? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shakarho
1 Replies

7. Solaris

NTFS Compression on Solaris

Is there something similar on Solaris to windows NTFS compression where by the OS handles compression\decompression?This applies to my college web account so I can't change the partition setup etc. Thanks, Ger. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gleesonger
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can fssnap be used as a compression tool (Solaris 10)?

Friends, I am learning the working of fssnap command. Suppose there is a directory named /datadir which is of size 500mb. I had taken the snapshot by means of the following command: #fssnap -F ufs -o bs=/snapshotdir /datadir { it shows the o/p as /dev/fssnap/0 } My question is if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Partition overlaps another partition while creating new parition in solaris

hi all while formatting hard disk i am getting following error. Partition 1 ends at 266338338 It must be between 34 and 143374704. label error: EFI Labels do not support overlapping partitions Partition 8 overlaps partition 1. Warning: error writing EFI. Label failed. I have formatted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Find device ID for partition in Solaris 11?

I have a laptop I'm setting up to multi-boot between Win 7, Solaris 11, Ubuntu 14.04, and CentOS 7. I have a common FAT32 partition for all of them to save data to. I'm less familiar with Solaris and haven't used it in years, and am really struggling :-) 'format' says: AVAILABLE DISK... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
5 Replies
SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve(3pm)

NAME
SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve - A class for representing SRU searchRetrieve responses SYNOPSIS
## create response from the request object my $response = SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve->new( $request ); ## add records to the response foreach my $record ( @records ) { $response->addRecord( $record ); } ## print out the response as XML print $response->asXML(); DESCRIPTION
SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve provides a framework for bundling up the response to a searchRetrieve request. You are responsible for generating the XML representation of the records, and the rest should be taken care of. METHODS
new() numberOfRecords() Returns the number of results associated with the object. addRecord() Add a SRU::Response::Record object to the response. $response->addRecord( $r ); If you don't pass in the right sort of object you'll get back undef and $SRU::Error will be populated appropriately. records() Gets or sets all the records associated with the object. Be careful with this one :) You must pass in an array ref, and expect an array ref back. resultSetId() resultSetIdleTime() nextRecordPosition() diagnostics() extraResponseData() echoedSearchRetrieveRequest() asXML() asXML(encoding=>"ISO-8859-1") Returns the object serialized as XML. UTF-8 and UTF-16 are default encodings if you don't pass the encoding parameter. You can define different encoding in order to parse you XML document correctly. perl v5.12.4 2009-11-20 SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve(3pm)