Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 partition - compression Post 302115205 by civic2005 on Monday 23rd of April 2007 05:13:27 AM
Old 04-23-2007
Solaris 8 partition - compression

Thanks for you fast response

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

re-partition disks on solaris

hi all, i was wondering if i have some volume manager and i want to format all partitions/disks and re-create new slices can i use regular format command or what? i think veritas volume manager is already installed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to access a solaris partition

Hi, I have the present scenario on a x86 machine. fdisk c0d0p0 Cylinders Partition Status Type Start End Length % 1 Active Solaris2 1 2500 2500 61 2 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to merge solaris partition

I m using solaris 8. I have some free space on my hard disk. I want to merge that space into /export/home. Please tell me complete procedure for doing it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get a mail when the partition reaches 75% in solaris

Hi Every one, I am new to Solaris and i want to know how to get a mail when the partition reaches certain Ex-75% percentage, and how to write shell script. I hope some one will help me. Thanks and Regards, Venkatesh. ##edit#by#moderator## don't post your email address here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Solaris Partition, I cant see it

Hi All, First post, I work as database developer (Oracle) My task is to setup a solaris system on a VMware installation which sits on a x86 server. I have installed the Os, applied patches (I think) and on VMWARE I added new hardware (Disk) which is where my database will be. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Disabling Solaris 10 active partition

I have a dual boot system with windows xp and solaris 10 running. Solaris 10 is currently in the primary active partision. If it's possible, how do I make the windows partision the primary active one rather than solaris 10? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shakarho
1 Replies

7. Solaris

NTFS Compression on Solaris

Is there something similar on Solaris to windows NTFS compression where by the OS handles compression\decompression?This applies to my college web account so I can't change the partition setup etc. Thanks, Ger. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gleesonger
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can fssnap be used as a compression tool (Solaris 10)?

Friends, I am learning the working of fssnap command. Suppose there is a directory named /datadir which is of size 500mb. I had taken the snapshot by means of the following command: #fssnap -F ufs -o bs=/snapshotdir /datadir { it shows the o/p as /dev/fssnap/0 } My question is if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Partition overlaps another partition while creating new parition in solaris

hi all while formatting hard disk i am getting following error. Partition 1 ends at 266338338 It must be between 34 and 143374704. label error: EFI Labels do not support overlapping partitions Partition 8 overlaps partition 1. Warning: error writing EFI. Label failed. I have formatted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Find device ID for partition in Solaris 11?

I have a laptop I'm setting up to multi-boot between Win 7, Solaris 11, Ubuntu 14.04, and CentOS 7. I have a common FAT32 partition for all of them to save data to. I'm less familiar with Solaris and haven't used it in years, and am really struggling :-) 'format' says: AVAILABLE DISK... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
5 Replies
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)				      OpenSSL				     SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method - handle SSL/TLS integrated compression methods SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(int id, COMP_METHOD *cm); DESCRIPTION
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() adds the compression method cm with the identifier id to the list of available compression methods. This list is globally maintained for all SSL operations within this application. It cannot be set for specific SSL_CTX or SSL objects. NOTES
The TLS standard (or SSLv3) allows the integration of compression methods into the communication. The TLS RFC does however not specify compression methods or their corresponding identifiers, so there is currently no compatible way to integrate compression with unknown peers. It is therefore currently not recommended to integrate compression into applications. Applications for non-public use may agree on certain compression methods. Using different compression methods with the same identifier will lead to connection failure. An OpenSSL client speaking a protocol that allows compression (SSLv3, TLSv1) will unconditionally send the list of all compression methods enabled with SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() to the server during the handshake. Unlike the mechanisms to set a cipher list, there is no method available to restrict the list of compression method on a per connection basis. An OpenSSL server will match the identifiers listed by a client against its own compression methods and will unconditionally activate compression when a matching identifier is found. There is no way to restrict the list of compression methods supported on a per connection basis. The OpenSSL library has the compression methods COMP_rle() and (when especially enabled during compilation) COMP_zlib() available. WARNINGS
Once the identities of the compression methods for the TLS protocol have been standardized, the compression API will most likely be changed. Using it in the current state is not recommended. RETURN VALUES
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() may return the following values: 0 The operation succeeded. 1 The operation failed. Check the error queue to find out the reason. SEE ALSO
ssl(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)