Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory how to find out unix server details Post 302115095 by reborg on Friday 20th of April 2007 09:40:43 PM
Old 04-20-2007
I helps a bit to tell people what operating system you are using.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to find the os and h/w details

Hi Need to know the version(suse/redhat) and processor info(x86/itanium/amd etc). I tried uname -a but cannot understand what is what... Linux myworkhost 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I dont have the root password, I can only ssh and have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to find whether my unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster

Hi All, Could any one pls tell me how to find whether a unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster. I need a command through which i can find whether the unix m/c is clustered or not. Thanx in advance Regards, Naveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen Kumar V
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Find server details

Hi experts Is there a command or a way in Solaris to find server details like this: SUN240R 2 @ 160MHz CPU 1Gb memory Solaris8 lan0 (16SV LAN) 100FD lan1 (45CI LAN) 100FD lan2 (8CON LAN) 10HD lan3 (38SY LAN) 100HD Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalelle
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Some Details from my server like mirror

Hello, I need to get some details from my server like Internal hard disk details for my UNIX (Solaris 9) server like whether OS is mirrored or not, what type of mirror is used. Which hard disk are used for mirror ? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX Server Details

OS: HP-UX I need the following details from HP-UX server. I don't have root login, so most of the commands require root privilege 1. No of cpu in the server 2. Total Memory, Free & Used 3. Space used and free space Any help would be highly appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manijash
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check SMTP server details on Unix

Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to check SMTP server details on Unix enviornment? I tried using echo "hello" | sendmail -v abc@xyz.com and got following error: -bash: sendmail: command not found -bash: echo: write error: Broken pipe Any help will be much appreciated regarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies
isainfo(1)							   User Commands							isainfo(1)

NAME
isainfo - describe instruction set architectures SYNOPSIS
isainfo [ [-v] [-b | -n | -k] | [-x]] DESCRIPTION
The isainfo utility is used to identify various attributes of the instruction set architectures supported on the currently running system. Among the questions it can answer are whether 64-bit applications are supported, or whether the running kernel uses 32-bit or 64-bit device drivers. When invoked with no options, isainfo prints the name(s) of the native instruction sets for applications supported by the current version of the operating system. These are a subset of the list returned by isalist(1). The subset corresponds to the basic applications environ- ments supported by the currently running system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Prints the number of bits in the address space of the native instruction set. -k Prints the name of the instruction set(s) used by the operating system kernel components such as device drivers and STREAMS mod- ules. -n Prints the name of the native instruction set used by portable applications supported by the current version of the operating sys- tem. -v When used with the- b, -k or -n options, prints more detailed information. -x Prints instruction extensions to the native ABI which are supported by the platform. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Invoking isainfo on a 32-bit x86 Platform The following example invokes isainfo on a 32-bit x86 platform: example% isainfo -v 32-bit i386 applications example% isainfo -k i386 Example 2: Invoking isainfo on a System Running the 64-bit Operating System on a 64-bit SPARC Processor The following example invokes isainfo on a system running the 64-bit operating system on a 64-bit SPARC processor: example% isainfo sparcv9 sparc example% isainfo -n sparcv9 example% isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications example% isainfo -vk 64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules Example 3: Invoking isainfo -x on an AMD Opteron CPU The following example invokes isainfo with the -x option on an AMD Opteron CPU: example% isainfo -x i386: fpu tsc cx8 sep cmov mmx ammx a3dnow a3dnowx fxsr sse sse2 pause EXIT STATUS
Non-zero Options are not specified correctly, or the command is unable to recognize attributes of the system on which it is running. An error message is printed to stderr. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), psrinfo(1M), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 2004 isainfo(1)